Idiot, Impatient drivers

bonniebird

When driving down from the top of Forest Hill Road toward Peckham Rye Park, I go through the traffic lights at Brenchly gardens and then turn right into Marmora Road. The lane go's from 2 to 1 just beyond the lights, so there's oncoming traffic, I am indicating and my car is positioned as close to the white line as it can be waiting to turn right, so why is it that I get bibbed, like I'm not supposed to be there?

Have some sense, I can't pull in front of oncoming traffic for Gods sake (6)

Marmora Man Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Since Marmora Road is a residential road and nota

> through route - perhaps they are trying to tell

> you to carry on at turn right at the lights into

> Colyton Road?

Yeah, cos Colyton Road isn't residential! Marmora is as much of a through route as any!

Narnia:))

Marmora Man, is it your road or just the road you live on? Anyway, seeing as I am of the "weaker sex" I find it better for me to go down Marmora, than attempt to pass all those lovely shops on the left on the way to Colyton, besides the fact I'd have to double back up Scutari to get to Marmora where I wanted to be in the first place.

You could always buy the road and only those who live there or have good reason to be there could use it, just a thought>:D<

BB - so you must work or live on Marmora Road. If it's the former that's unusual, if it's the latter you must also be disturbed by other road users using the road as a rat run, particularly early in the morning and late at night, to avoid the traffic lights and queues on Forest Hill Road.