Low-cut tops

Odyssey

Should women be allowed to wear low-cut tops in business?

Having had a number of business meetings with women who wear low-cut tops, it is most distracting in the environment of a business meeting because most people get distracted from the eye-to-eye contact and you find yourself looking down and gawping at the cleavage. This does not make for good business and I wonder if women do this on purpose and that's why I think it should be banned in the working environment.

It's a vicious circle. Those of us with boobage are encouraged to wear scoop/V necks as being more flattering to our shape. If we were to wear a high necked top, you may be even more distracted since the boobage looks even more pronounced generally.

Alternatively, get a pair of darkish glasses and then no-one will notice where you're looking or take up cycling and go to your meetings in lycra?

beautyofthebeholder Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ur a perve for looking......

> if you are not strong enough and proffessional

> enough to keep eye contact then thats your

> problem...

>

>

> dont see women gazing at ur tiny bulge when they

> talk to you do you...

>

> you perve

What a load of crap. Calling him a perve for doing what nature intended. Why show them off then? Silly person.

beautyofthebeholder Wrote:

> ur a perve for looking......

> if you are not strong enough and proffessional

> enough to keep eye contact then thats your

> problem...

> dont see women gazing at ur tiny bulge when they

> talk to you do you...

>

> you perve

I think that's a very cheap shot calling me a perve for doing something that is naturally normal for most men. If I was to walk topless into the office showing my naturally rippling, toned, six-packed body, would you equally accuse a woman of being a perve for looking?

Odyssey Wrote:

> beautyofthebeholder Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > ur a perve for looking......

> > if you are not strong enough and proffessional

> > enough to keep eye contact then thats your

> > problem...

>

> > dont see women gazing at ur tiny bulge when

> they

> > talk to you do you...

> >

> > you perve

>

>

> I think that's a very cheap shot calling me a

> perve for doing something that is naturally normal

> for most men. If I was to walk topless into the

> office showing my naturally rippling, toned,

> six-packed body, would you equally accuse a woman

> of being a perve for looking?

In my experience, people who say things like beautyofthebeholder are usually the most outrageous hypocrites...

Okay

Just to balance it out a bit in the tits vs cock stare out. There are "packet watchers" out there, I sometimes work with an interior designer in Chelsea & boy she is an unrepentant cock watcher however, I genuinely don't mind ,though I do tend wear firmer fitting trousers when I'm going there so as to distract her. She never quibles the quote, which is nice

Sadly she has nothing in the way of clevage to offer back but hey hoo, there's always the train home

w**F

Nope... flattering in general; giving lads a potential eyeful isn't the main aim. I will say that we're talking about DD+ boobage here really.

Basically, if you wear a high necked top (turtle/polo or even a classic T), then, if you've got boobs, they will be massively accentuated since there's just a big wall of chest with nothing to break it up - all you see is the outer curve of the boobs. If you wear a scoop/V-neck, the expanse is broken up and it makes big boobs look more 'average'. Same as why you shouldn't have a T-shirt with sleeves that stop at the line of your boobs - again, it makes that expanse of chest look bigger.

Conversely, small-breasted women do wear the T-shirts/polos since it accentuates what they have more.

Having said all that, there's still a fine line between enough of a scoop neck to improve your appearance and letting it all hang out so that no-one knows where to look. If it's so low that you look like your boobs might fall out at any moment, it's probably too low.

Odyssey Wrote:

Having had a number of business meetings with

> women who wear low-cut tops, it is most

> distracting in the environment of a business

> meeting because most people get distracted from

> the eye-to-eye contact and you find yourself

> looking down and gawping at the cleavage. This

> does not make for good business and I wonder if

> women do this on purpose and that's why I think it

> should be banned in the working environment.

my personal opinion, its quite acceptable for the person having the meeting with the person with low-cut top to perhaps occasionally glance at said cleavage.

however.........it would be entirely different if they spent the WHOLE time staring at it and avoiding eye contact, yes?

PS. I think women look at eyes more than anything else...