Receipts

Marmora Man

Yesterday I was given separate till receipts for:

A can of pop, a newspaper, a sandwich, a second hand book from a charity shop, a prescription, an expresso and a packet of envelopes. All in all I was given 30 inches of paper, for which I had no use. In most cases I left the receipt with the shopkeeper, often receiving, in the process, black looks.

Why does every shop insist on providing till receipts for such minor items? Could there not be a default setting that only gave out receipts when asked or for items above a certain value?

I know the idea is a proof of purchase ? but unless I?m in a megastore the shopkeeper generally takes my money, gives me the goods and then watches me leave.

Small things can matter ? annually across UK, let alone the world, we must be creating an almighty waste / litter problem; expending time, effort, money and, dare I a climate warming sceptic say, carbon and energy to make and throw away stupid pieces of paper.

Receipt print out can b adjusted but the tech ppl like to kick up a fuss about having to adjust things or re-progamme (point and click) and many often fail to understand y anyone would want to possibly do something outside of their own box... IME anyhow...

It's beyond me

I'm with MM. Receipts are necessary for the business record. But for small cash transactions, they're not necessary for the customer.

On a separate point, I don't understand why receipts for card transactions have to be so enormous. If I buy a single item on my debit card, why do I need two receipts from one till that between them are longer than my forearm?

Till receipts are proof of purchase.

You should be insisting on getting a receipt.

Many people require them for claiming back expenses. and VAT.

Where items are scanned, the till is part of auto stock control and

receipts are printed automatically.

You will need your receipt if you need to return goods.

I often actually ask for a receipt (and keep them!), in case I'm ever investigated by the tax people!

There are also one or two places round here where it's noticeable that if you pay with cash it isn't put through the till. Or sometimes apparently isn't properly put through.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I often actually ask for a receipt (and keep

> them!), in case I'm ever investigated by the tax

> people!

>

> There are also one or two places round here where

> it's noticeable that if you pay with cash it isn't

> put through the till. Or sometimes apparently

> isn't properly put through.

It does me crooked old heart good to see that some amongst us are still playing the little fiddle.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> > It does me crooked old heart good to see that some

> amongst us are still playing the little fiddle.

xxxxxxx

It probably wouldn't if you employed the people who were fiddling, and the money lost was your own :-S

Tills work with dual rolls anyway so the till memorises every transaction whether a receipt is printed or not and they all can be set to 'requested' printing as opposed to automatic printing.

Don't really care for the tax man but I would care if I employed people only to find them stealing from the business.

You...

.. need one of these..

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BNWOZbmUL._SS500_.jpg

Wow "till receipts" Briquette Maker for Recycling Newspaper & "till receipts"

available from Amazon now!

To turn old waste paper "till receipts" and card into "till receipts logs " you need to do three things to it;

wet the paper "till receipts"

compress the paper "till receipts" into a log or brick shape

dry your new "till receipts" log before you burn the "till receipts".. voila, free fuel.( from "till receipts" )

Instructions for making paper logs from "till receipts"

Making paper logs from "till receipts" Step 1

Wetting the paper "till receipts". Easy as sticking it in a sink or bucket of water for a couple of seconds.

Making paper "till receipt" logs Step 2

Compressing your pulp into logs is best achieved with "till receipts" and special PAPER "till receipts" LOG MAKER.

W**F