Mice ?

TheArtfulDogger

Hi TheArtfulDogger

I have had probs with mice for years. Most people in E.D. do.

You HAVE to kill them. Not nice, but they carry many diseases that can even make you blind.

Not just the poos which you can see, but they are incontinent and pee contiuously.

Poison is not good, it takes days to kill them and they really stink for many days when they die.

They rot and you will be infestested with blue bottles.

Traps are best. They are can be nasty, but generally they are quick. These ones below do not need bait.

I have used the sound plug-ins and they work well in kitchens with hard surfaces. The sound does not

penetrate walls so they need to be located in the correct place.

Traps are cheap. About ?1.00 from B&Q. Sound plugins also from B&Q ?29.00 for 4 (approx)

I really, really hate them. I used to live in Hackney and we were plagued by them, despite living on the 3rd floor. I actually became a bit obsessed because for ages my (then) boyfriend thought I was imagining them. They had NO FEAR at all. It turned out they were coming in up the back of the cooker (I knew this because I hid and spied on them... yep). They used to sit there watching TV behind us aaaaaargh!!

Don't bother with humane traps. We freed a mouse on London Fields, and as we were strolling back the very same mouse overtook us as it ran back to the house. Another time, we came back from a 2 week holiday to find a dessicated mouse in the 'humane' trap.

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Damn the little vermins have gotten in again...

> still am on a tight budget this month so may make

> a useful addition to the diet...

>

> Any good MICE Recipes you can recommend (stew is

> over done these days !)

stew is SO very two decades ago...at least if you watched Neighbours in the 80s they called it casserole...ramsay street residents never seemed to cook anything else.

anyway, pastel coloured, sugar-coated Ms can be found in a local sweet shop. just a thought...

Horrible little buggers! When I lived on Lacon Road 25 years ago the house was riddled with them. You could hear them under the floorboards and you could see them out of the corner of your eye running across the room while you were watching television.

I was asleep one night and was rudely awakened when one decided to get into bed with me. I could feel it crawling up my leg... Aaaaargh! I'd never leap up out of bed so quick all my life. Away with you you pesky vermin swine. Eventually we found out that they were coming in from nextdoor and the neighbours called in Rentokil and thankfully that was the end of them.

Seriously... I think there was a whole colony living in that place. Urgh. Worse than seeing the mouse overtake us as it ran back... oh I can barely write it.... we had cooked oven chips (why don't I eat those anymore?), and after eating dinner I went back to wash up the baking tray and there were MOUSE FOOTPRINTS AND FUR PRINTS in the grease on the baking tray. Aaaaaarrgh. Oh.

[Rocks gently in the corner]. Sorry I'm OK now.

That's how bold they are! I'd say it's very likely the building work is what's triggered your current problem.