All Say i (if you don't own a iphone)

Easties EL

Apps Apps Apps..

bugger off.

My Mum now has a iphone! Have we all been brain washed to buying this mobile?

I'll still own to my Nokia 8100. No Camera, just answer and call. Job done. (not really I have a sony xperia 1, everyone now say, ooooooooooh)

Well I'd like an iPhone with zillions of apps, instead I have a non-iPhone on which I can get the weather, news headlines (out of date), wikipedia, sport and "celebrity news" :))

Oh and I can get Facebook and stuff, but I can't read any of it because the screen's so small :))

But hey, I only pay a tenner a month for loads of calls and texts and internet time and the phone was free, and I got a lovely hot pink leather case for it for a fiver from eBay, so hey who needs an iPhone (grrrrrrrr I want one (6):))).

I have an i-phone for play, and a BlackBerry for work. I like to think it's like having a husband and a lover, except that my iphone and blackberry are quite happy in their dual roles and don't get jealous at all.

I have an iphone 4 and it's really good.

It replaced my Blackberry Storm 2 which was really not good.

I was not brainwashed in to either purchase, I made the decision of my own free will.

Why do people that don't like the iphone constantly go on to forums and bitch about them? if you don't like it don't buy one.

I don't like Coronation Street, I do not however go on to forums venting about how ridiculous and boring it is, I just don't watch it, which may be a shocker but hey, thats just me!

Because steve, people with iphones bang on and on about them, and the number of times I've had to justify my lack of iphone to the i-evangelists is quite ludicrous.

Hey, if you don't like a thread, here's a thought - don't read it!

RosieH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Because steve, people with iphones bang on and on

> about them, and the number of times I've had to

> justify my lack of iphone to the i-evangelists is

> quite ludicrous.

>

> Hey, if you don't like a thread, here's a thought

> - don't read it!

Really?? I'm a person with an iphone, i don't bang on and on about it..........

I'm assuming random strangers in the street don't just walk up to you and say hi, look at my iphone now justify to me why you don't have one, so if it's your friends making you feel so bad, perhaps don't spend time with them!

[quote=stevebailey

Why do people that don't like the iphone constantly go on to forums and bitch about them? if you don't like it don't buy one.]

I may be wrong but.....I got the sense that it was directed towards the mass marketing (brain-washing) and how people may have been influenced into thinking they 'ought' to have them as opposed to just bitch because they don't like them.

It is hard to get away from people who bang on about their phones all day. I'm surrounded by people at work who bang on about this app or that app. It's tedious - but I can't just walk away from my office - as nice as that may be.

RosieH Wrote:

> Hey, if you don't like a thread, here's a thought

> - don't read it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooo....

Now I used that line on here once as a defense for my more " creative " postings, didn't wash with "whoever" was in charge

But as it's you ....well, who knows ?

BTW I do have an I-phone & it's great for me, I also have some "shoes" & they're great too

W**F

woofmarkthedog Wrote:

> But as it's you ....well, who knows ?

Oh goodie, you are still talking to me then.

And I'm only quoting people back at people - steve started it on here, and you started it with the face smashing, so you know, nerr.

RosieH Wrote:

> woofmarkthedog Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > But as it's you ....well, who knows ?

>

> Oh goodie, you are still talking to me then.

>

> And I'm only quoting people back at people - steve

> started it on here, and you started it with the

> face smashing, so you know, nerr.

Please...

Don't tell me there's a quote " Fatwā "

"Nerr" to you too

W**F

Rosie mentions a genuine grievance about the iPhone ? typing. And the rest of it ain?t perfect either. And evangelicists do harp on. And have we mentioned battery life yet?

And yet

The nay-sayers doth protest too much

Having owned other smart phones, there is more chance of me eloping with Ligaturosity (or whatever her name is on THAT thread) than teher is of me going to any other platform

It just IS too useful (as a walker) to have a proper navigational device in my pocket at all times

It is too useful to not have to carry a phone and an MP3 player seperately

Watching live football when in a pub without a TV in times of need ? marvellous

Bus and Tube timetables and platform notices ? damn useful

Ability to download films instead of waiting for Lovefilm or a trip to the Lane? Sweet

Radio tuner to effectively every radio station in the world? Yes please

Best internet browser on a phone ? has saved my bacon more than once

Blah blah blah

Other phones do some or all of these things also I know ? just not as well

I don?t NEED any of these things but many of them make my day to day journey?s and idle moments a lot more pleasant

So in order:

I?m defending the functionality of smartphones first, and the specifics of the iphone second (rather than the other way round)

So ...

That's a resounding "HELL YES" from "SeanMc-G" then

But does he own a....

http://www.amishoutletstore.com/uploaded/products/2859.jpgShaker Hill Pie Safe w/Glass in Oak

- 1" Solid top w/bottom bevel edge

- Dovetailed drawers

- Full extension drawer slides

- Soldered glass doors

- 2 Adjustable shelves

- Flared leg

- Black wood knobs

- Optional lighting, additional cost

18 1/4" D x 45" W x 61 3/4" H

I doubt it......

( he'll covet one now though )

Personally....

" How, in this technologic world I ever lived without a Pie Safe, is beyond me "

W**F

I think there's a difference between what's essential in terms of real productivity value and the useless novelty froth for technologies sake...."just because we can".

What gets me about the iphone is all the useless crap apps - the mobile equivalent of novelty kitchen nik nak shops on Lordship Lane. People fill their phones with stuff that makes it sound like a champagne cork and pay 99p for it. Millions of people/geeks are doing this for novelty value creating a market. The mind boggles.....