what will happen to me if i eat cloned beef?

Saila

In theory, if a healthy bull/cow is cloned there is nothing to worry about. All that's happened is the original beast has been copied. It's a bit like taking a cutting from a plant.

In practice though (and this may be something to do with cloning techniques), many cloned animals are disfigured and suffer deformities/abnormalities (not unlike dogs bred for Crufts). For this reason the RSPCA has objections (to animal welfare not the quality of meat/milk) and the EU has banned cloned meat (and other foodstuffs) for human consumption.

Health wise I wouldn't worry a jot

What I would worry about is, similar to GM food generally, are we giving up the ability to grow our own food, independent of food cos. Contamination means you won't be able to grow, say, your own spuds should the company which owns the right to the relevant copyright so choose.

Simar withlibestocm

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Health wise I wouldn't worry a jot

> Simar withlibestocm

Really Sean, really, really, really?

I wouldn't worry overly, but not a jot seems wanton, you drunken sot - what the hell is this simar withlibestocm?

Well I read the Daily Mail this morning over someone?s shoulder and I now have it on good authority that if you eat this European satanic beef you will die immediately and your children will be eaten by gypsies. Best course of action is to stay indoors and not to take any calls from foreigners.

Homeopathic gypsies, tramps and thieves*, they're coming for your children. Whom they will clone before eating, always cloning the clones until all flavour has been lost, cloning cloning cloning until there's nought but one cell of the original, but that's when they're most delicious.

* Cher in a cagoule and birkenstocks

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> That line i had to type blind as the letters were

> not showing on screen. Tis true!

Actually, wait a minute, back up, back up. YOU SEE THAT IPHONE ARGUING MAN? (whom I'm terribly sorry but I have forgotten who it was, because I don't really care all that very much, but just enough to be annoying in victory), but do you see that? The letters weren't showing on the screen. They weren't showing. On the screen.

Ergo jury rules for the blackberry (and me!)

Money is the root of all evil, and that is why we are now having cloned meat sneaked into the food chain. The lesson of mad cow decease. forgotten. We are also eating geneticlly modified, maize,corncobs.cheese,etc etc.

Tarot Wrote:

> Money is the root of all evil, and that is why we

> are now having cloned meat sneaked into the food

> chain. The lesson of mad cow decease. forgotten.

> We are also eating geneticlly modified,

> maize,corncobs.cheese,etc etc.

and if we eat genetically modified stuff? what happens to us? what are the health implications?