Tenuous Links

waynetta

Has anyone got any tenous or random links to celebrites or famous people that they'd like to share? I'll start. My older brother once fitted a washing machine in John Pertwee's house. Pertwee wasn't in at the time but his wife was and my brother said she made a lovely cup of tea.

An ex work colleague of mine's brother met Jake Shears from the Scissor Sisters at the gym recently. He said he's a really nice guy but a bit shorter than expected. Also I once got mistaken for David Tennant by two old ladies having a cup of tea in the Oxo tower.

This is Uber Tenuous...

The voice of the talking Knight .....

http://www.talkingpresents.com/v/vspfiles/photos/Talking_Knight_Cookie_Jar-2.jpg"Keep thine hands of my cookie jar"

Is also the voice for .......

http://www.kone.com/countries/en_GB/Products/Elevators/industrial/c7elevator/SYS_PIC/m_slide13.jpg"Stand clear, lift going down" in Sainsbo's Forest Hill

"Yeah & I've been in both their company, only this week "

I know it's AMAAAAAAAZING but I DO have an "ear" for this stuff...

W**F

I had a tenuous link

Apparently my great great great great grandfather, Michael Barrett was the last man to be publically hung in England. But... my Mum read a piece on him on the internet recently and it said he didn't have any children!

My grannys second cousin was the photographer who took the photo of the tennis player with her bum out.

My first cousin once-removed (mother's side) went to high school in Texas with Willie Nelson. My mother went to a different high school, but she remembers meeting a young Willie Nelson. She remembers him as a nice boy who always had his guitar with him. Also, my high school history teacher went to school with Farrah Fawcett and her sister. Then there are Sting and his wife who were camping next to me at a festival a few years back, though I was too busy getting trashed with my mates to notice what they were up to. And finally, The White Stripes were rumored to be staying in the suite above us at Zetter Hotel in Clerkenwell (which is incidentally owed by an acquaintance of mine, and I highly recommend a stay there!). They were really quiet and went to bed early apparently, while we stayed up partying into the wee hours.

I once sold a shirt to Billy Ocean.

Well, I say sold, he came in, plucked it off the shelf, I wrote the receipt, he gave me the money, I bagged it and passed over his change and then he just got going.

There were little or none of my salesman skills involved.

His real names Leslie Charles by the way, I knew that without Googling.

So perhaps he paid by cheque after all. Rather than cash.

You know what, we're just going to have to wait for the autobiography for the truth on the matter.

I once exchanged a shirt for Mickey Dolenz.

The one he purchased originally was too small for him. The dopey sod.

Anyway he came in, I put the originally purchased shirt back in stock, supplied him with a new one of apt size and altered his original receipt to reflect the updated transaction.

And I altered it good.

Although at the time I didn't use the phrase "Drummers from The Monkees, I sh!t 'em"

I kinda wish I hadda.

Still.

I went to school with the guy who runs the company that produces the Tweenies. He was a couple of years ahead of me - did some stuff on Jackanory before he invented the Tweenies. I think he was in the same year as John Bell who you sometimes hear on Thought for the day on R4. Incidentally, the same school that Alexander Fleming attended many decades before.