Theft up on Sydenham Hill

phobic3000

I had just finished installing a burglar alarm in an unoccupied house up on Sydenham Hill, near the Dulwich Wood House as a result of two previous break ins where lead and cable had been stolen. A white van pulls up with 3 men in it. I thought it was a couple of the builders who I had actually arranged to meet to give them a demonstration on how to use the alarm system. One of of them said hello and followed me into the building site, I walked into the house to carry on packing my tools away, expecting him to follow. In that split second my back was turned the bloke who had walked on site had ran back to the van, grabbed my 2 drills, jumped into the back of his van and that's it... they were gone!

Obviously I don't expect to get the drills back and thinking back I'm glad it wasn't aggrivated theft because it would have been three on one and I would have come out of it a lot worse off.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share this with you so you'll perhaps keep an eye out for this sort of dodgy behaviour. And of course if you see a note in a shop window advertising 2 drills, (one is a green Makita SDS drill, the other a smaller yellow and black handheld Dewalt combi drill) please let me know!

Thanks