Singles Holiday

waynetta

Anyone got any advice on the best kind of holiday for a single person to go on? My friend has pulled out of our forthcoming holiday leaving me with the choice of not going or travelling alone. I did want a beach holiday. I'm a single woman in her very late thirties.

Stop German holiday makers hogging all the deckchairs this summer by getting them to sign an agreement promising not to. Then return to your hotel room and wave it in the air, saying "I have in my hand a piece of paper"

Sorry...Not saboutaging my own genuine post. Just couldn't resist it. ;-)

I've been on Intrepid and Imaginative Traveller tours on my own and had a great time on both. Normally there are a load of people travelling on their own, so you won't feel left out. If you want a holiday with a creative slant, then Frui.co.uk offer some good deals.

what about Explore which does group trips and has an eco bias, or Exodus? both do group travel... went to Uzbekistan with Explore and it was fantastic...

also went to Dahab on a yoga holiday with www.yogatravel.co.uk, but i see that they are staying in a different hotel, we stayed at the Coral Coast which was perfect, Egyptian family run... right on best bit of the reef... fantastic

all of the above are fine for singles, friends traveling together or couple... it's easy to meet nice people when you're traveling... so the world is your oyster!!!!

xxcc

Thank you all for the advice. Bless you. I will be having a good look at some of the suggestions.

Of course I could always pretend I?m enjoying a sunny beach holiday by putting sandpaper insoles in my slippers and walking around the house in my knickers, with all the lights turned on.

Sorry..I think I?ve got some form of Top Tips tourettes. :-$

Oy Daizie..Please don't hijack my serious post with your Top Tips. If I wanted that done I'd have suggessted that Smokers enjoy seemingly longer holidays by stopping smoking on their first day off, making every day thereafter appear to be 72 hours long.

Whoops there I go again....That's your fault that is.

My sis went to lasource as a single a couple of years ago and said it was absolutely amazing - with the 'singles' option being exactly that - options rather than being forced into activities etc.

I'll also second Intrepid. I've used them a couple of times as have some other single pals and, so long as you enjoy company and organised stuff, they're pretty good. If you prefer the 'free spirit' take things as they come approach, they don't work quite so well.