Drowned in a vat of malmsey

RosieH

No...

It's DEAD

Score so far

Survivors.

1 x phone down the bog ( pre flush 1's + 2's )

1 x phone into the hot bubble bath ( mid conversation ). Fished out & carried on convo

DEAD

1 x Phone/mp3 slid from top pocket straight into glass of decent vino. Never recovered, dead. I still keep trying to revive but not a sausage. It's the sugar content that does it

So, seems your I-pod is in " perma- nidd"

W**F

What karter says - does partly depend on whether it was on or not at the time. Either way, don't try turning it on until it's thoroughly dried out - it's got more chance of having survived if it's not a hard drive model by all accounts. I did once resuscitate an iPod shuffle that had inadvertently been through the washing machine...

fill a bowl with some couscous and leave the ipod sitting in it for a few days, the cous cous draws out a load of the moisture from the player and hopefully it will start working again once dried out, this girl I used to work with did that after leaving her iphone in her jeans and then washing them and it worked fine after the cous cous trick

If you decide to try a desiccant, seal everything in an airtight container otherwise it will absorb water vapour from the atmosphere. I'm not sure about couscous: Anhydrous Calcium chloride (available from B&Q and hardware shops) is very effective - it comes in small packs used to dry out dampness in basements, etc.

Also, if you soak it in water, a quick soak in methylated or surgical spirit or isopropyl alcohol afterwards will help chase off the water and speed up the drying process. (Caution - inflammable.)

A better option would be a vacuum desiccator - I'd offer you the use of mine but it's in long-term storage at the moment. But someone else might have one available.

Been thinking about getting one of them Dyson Airblade thingies. ?100 a tad expensive though. But they look good and you can train small animals to jump through its hoop.

Couldn't you attach the ipod to a piece of wire /string and tie it to each side, or top and bottom, of the airblade, and just dry it out to death?

Soooo

Songs for wet iPods.

Anything by Wet Wet Wet obviously.

expat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >... if that doesn't work, then I'll serve it >up

> with a nice bit of harissa and preseved lemons.

>

> What the ipod? 8-)

Indeed expat, with a side order of Rock the Casbah.

Dessicants - now we're talking. But reading around t'internet, it seems that the sugar is indeed the problem as the dawg has said. So maybe a quick soak to try to get rid of the sugar and then the dessicant to try to get rid of the water, and then a trip to the new Apple store in Covent Garden to buy a new ipod...?

PR - I'd be inclined to go for a little Slippery When Wet myself.

The alcohols suggested above will dissolve sugar.

I'm wondering whether a breast or penis enlargement pump could pull enough vacuum to dry out an iPod? I don't have either of those and doubt if anyone would admit to owning one anyway - no harm in trying, though.

I'm sure MacGyver could get it to work (to dry a wet iPod, that is).