Tesco not so Express

DJKillaQueen

So it's 10.45pm and I'm out of something and I think I know...Tesco Express on East Dulwich Road - open til 11pm. Will only take me a min or two to cycle down there and sure enough I am there at 7 mins to 11pm. I find the doors locked with two others outside who have been stood there a few mins themselves. In spite of the bright light advertising the opening hours of til 11pm the manager saw fit to lock the doors at 10.50 so that he could be out of there by 11 it seems.

It's no big deal but what really annoyed me is that the security guard refused to get the manager or to give us his name so that we could complain. In fact they all ignored us.

I won't be shopping there again.

My OH hates that Tesco's with a vengence. He was most perturbed when he went in there to buy margarine the other week - and they looked at him as if he was an idiot for requesting something so outlandish.

Did you find anywhere else to make your purchases DJKQ?

margarine is devils food tho? ? spread it on some bread and theow it out.. vermin won?t touch it. A warning sign right there

And I can be Mr Picky from Picksville who has just returned from a picky refresher course and clarify we are talking about the Tesco on East Dulwich Rd and not East Dulwich Grove?

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> margarine is devils food tho? ? spread it on some

> bread and theow it out.. vermin won?t touch it. A

> warning sign right there

Apologies for the off-topication, but you know what I hate? Non-brewed condiment. Give me Stork SB on my bread over non-brewed condiment on my chips any day of the week.

I can be Mr Picky from Picksville who has just returned from a picky refresher course

Undoubtably, but I think you meant "can I".

To which the answer would most certainly be, yes, you are capable of pickiness.

So, what you really meant was "may I".

Ms Picky (no relation)

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> margarine is devils food tho? ? spread it on some

> bread and theow it out.. vermin won?t touch it. A

> warning sign right there

>

> And I can be Mr Picky from Picksville who has just

> returned from a picky refresher course and clarify

> we are talking about the Tesco on East Dulwich Rd

> and not East Dulwich Grove?

I didn't know there was a tesco on East Dulwich Grove

annaj Wrote:

> Undoubtably, but I think you meant "can I".

> To which the answer would most certainly be, yes,

> you are capable of pickiness.

> So, what you really meant was "may I".

>

> Ms Picky (no relation)

Erm, Miss, Miss, Ms Picky. Can I be Ms Pickier..?

The number of times I've nipped in there to get something (margarine for example) and they've not had it defies belief.

another thing I tried (and failed) to purchase was refried beans. Actually, on that night I nipped across to the little convenience store next to Locale and asked if they had refried beans in stock. I was promptly told "no such thing exists!"

I've learnt it's often better to do the slightly longer walk to the Somerfield's on Lordship Lane than attempt the short stroll to the Tesco Depress .. express sorry..

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

> So it's 10.45pm and I'm out of something and I

> think I know...Tesco Express on East Dulwich Road

> - open til 11pm.

What was it you were out of DJKQ?

#Out of my braaaain on the five fifteen# by The Who?

#I'm all out of love, I can't live without you, believe me something something something so looooong# by an American group whose name escapes me?

If it was neither of the above then you probably could've done without. Or opened a tin. or gone into the garden and foraged. Or made do.

OXO cubes aren't everything you know DJKQ.

Thats not true?! so long as they make remaining customers in the store know that there closing in 10 mins and stop letting people in at 5 to 11 there fine, the last of the customers can be served at 11:03 and they'd be safe??? so long as they can prove (CCTV??) that they made it clear and activly didnt allow NEW customers in past a reasonable time.