Hugenot - come back pleaaaaaaaaaase

Peckhamgatecrasher

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh it was some baloney with Hal in the Drawing Room.

That's not why he flounced - one of his threads in General ED issues/gossip was deleted by Admin. He threw a few barbs at me in his farewell post. No hard feelings on my part, though.

I was thinking only this afternoon that he might have given jrussel a good run if he were still with us.

I'm inclined to agree with quids. He wouldn't want to lose face by returning after his flounce royale.

Has was an eloquent, articulate guy, and a lot of his posts were worth reading. But he could also be rude and condescending, and his frequent manipulation of statistics was a particular bugbear!

I met him briefly once a few years ago and he seemed like a very nice sort of chap but you can't always go by first impressions I suppose. I mostly enjoyed his contributions though as Jeremy has rightly pointed out he could be rude and at times condescendng but having now read the entire contents of the "flounce" thread I can also see why he wouldn't want to converse with a couple of the posters on it who in my opinion didn't do themselves any favours at all.

Still, let's not draw up old arguments from months back I'd certainly welcome his return but I'm not sure if he can be bothered considering he spends most of his time in Singapore and I get the feeling he may feel he'd lose a bit of face if he did.

I haven't spent any time with Mr Freeman, so I couldn't say for sure.

I suppose everyone just assumes he's a great guy because of the compassionate, enobling parts he so often plays - but let's face it, he could just as easily be a massive prick. Who knows?