Need a reason to get out of bed.....

DJKillaQueen

Well my alarm went off at 7am this morning like it always does. No work to go to today (a perk of being freelance) but it's now 1am and I am still snuggled under the duvet thinking 'too exhausted from four days of little sleep and a lot of stress'.....

Tell me why I should toss aside the duvet and get out of bed today folks!

well you could go do 450 leg presses down the gym...

In a month it will be cold, dark and grim, so I would get some sunshine whilst you can

However I think, under the circumstances, a day of duvet, tv and carbohydrate (in quantity) is perfectly acceptable. If you need to feel some sort of achievement go out get the ingrediants for your favorite comfort food, cook and then eat in bed guilt free as you have been out.

That'll be 1pm.

There is no actual need to get out of bed (sez another freelancer)... even to contact your usual sources of contracts to check on project timescales; though I do tend to favour the vertical position for this task.

However, I have popped down to the library to return a video (House of Mirth - anything but), have prepared the space where this afternoon's wood delivery is going, and I may even get around to potting up a few horseradish plants. A step too far may be getting around to finishing off some sanding...

You could get yourself a Slanket and move your centre of operations to the sofa...

I like the idea of taking a blanket and moving my centre of operations to the sofa.......

My garden is Peckham Rye Park and fortunately I have staff to sort that out :)) but I do have a chilli plant to pot for outside my front door so may do that......(after all has been sitting there to be repotted for a couple of weeks now lol).

ooh PR is this for the forthcoming film Bend it like Peckham, a story about a collection of daring renegade football amateurs coached up to ladies football supremacy...... I know its been done before but continuous themes worked really well for James Bond and every Guy Ritchie film......

Never ever buy a Slanket, its admitting defeat.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yay! I'm not the only one then......!

>

> Any other sloths out there?

I confess I have been out of the door to chop a little kindling for the winter. Satisfying. But I'm safely tucked up indoors again.

louisiana Wrote:

> The Slanket

>

> Gizmodo did a review of all Slanket-style

> sofa-lolling outfits, and the Slanket came out way

> ahead.

xxxxxx

I was totally disappointed with my Slanket.

The fleece is quite thin and it was COLD (6) plus although I'm only five foot four, it wasn't long enough to cover my feet properly when lounging on the sofa.

You can get slanket-type things which have little pockets for your feet, and next Winter it will be one of those for me :))

louisiana Wrote:

> But Oblomov had a valet. Do you have a valet? Or

> must you stagger about the place getting fresh

> supplies.

I'm to idle today to even go out for ciggies of which I have run out and am gasping for one.

Sue Wrote:

> louisiana Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > The Slanket

> >

> > Gizmodo did a review of all Slanket-style

> > sofa-lolling outfits, and the Slanket came out

> way

> > ahead.

>

> xxxxxx

>

> I was totally disappointed with my Slanket.

>

> The fleece is quite thin and it was COLD (6) plus

> although I'm only five foot four, it wasn't long

> enough to cover my feet properly when lounging on

> the sofa.

>

> You can get slanket-type things which have little

> pockets for your feet, and next Winter it will be

> one of those for me :))

The Slanket is almost 8 feet long (7.9)! How can that be too short?

Are you sure you didn't have a 'competitor product'? Some of them are trash e.g. the Snuggie (too short and very much an inferior product).

The Gizmodo comparative review: http://gizmodo.com/5190557/ultimate-battle-the-snuggie-vs-slanket-vs-freedom-blanket-vs-blankoat

louisiana Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> -----

> > louisiana Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > The Slanket

> > >

> > > Gizmodo did a review of all Slanket-style

> > > sofa-lolling outfits, and the Slanket came

> out

> > way

> > > ahead.

> >

> > xxxxxx

> >

> > I was totally disappointed with my Slanket.

> >

> > The fleece is quite thin and it was COLD (6)

> plus

> > although I'm only five foot four, it wasn't

> long

> > enough to cover my feet properly when lounging

> on

> > the sofa.

> >

> > You can get slanket-type things which have

> little

> > pockets for your feet, and next Winter it will

> be

> > one of those for me :))

>

> The Slanket is almost 8 feet long (7.9)! How can

> that be too short?

> Are you sure you didn't have a 'competitor

> product'? Some of them are trash e.g. the Snuggie

> (too short and very much an inferior product).

xxxxxxx

It was a genuine Slanket and quite expensive.

It is long when you are standing up, yes, but when slouching about on a sofa with it wrapped around you, and trying to keep your feet under it, believe me it does not seem long.

Hence, presumably, why some competitors' versions have pockets for the feet.

Have you actually tried one? If you have, you will find out what I mean.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

> I do have a

> chilli plant to pot for outside my front door so

> may do that......(after all has been sitting there

> to be repotted for a couple of weeks now lol).

What size pot is your plant in currently? If it's small and you don't pot it up soon - you won't get many chillies. Has the plant got any chillies on it yet? Has it any flowers?