Christmas

tfc

Thanks to a fund from Southwark Council, there will be a Xmas Parade in Dulwich Village, West Dulwich & Lordship Lane. If you would like to participate, please do get in touch. Additionally, there will be a Christmas Market in dulwich park on Sunday 5th December. Again, email if you are interested.

Finally, on Wednesday 29th September, the South Southwark Business Association will be holding it's AGM at the Crown & Greyhound from 6.30pm. All welcome.

Thanks tfc

I have to ask a very cynical question, but

in order to save our local shops we need to shop locally, therefore why are we not holding the christmas market in the heart of lordship lane so that it encourages people to visit the market and also shop on lordship lane. by holding it away from our main shopping area are you not encouraging people away from our local shops at at time they need the spend the most ?

Just a thought but wouldn't it be better to work with rather then against the interests of the local traders ?

I would add to ArtfulDogger's comment that spending Southwark Council's money on promoting an already successful area may not be the best use of public funds. Most local traders would prefer a permanent reduction in business rates to a one off - and as AD has pointed out, poorly targeted effort.

I?m sure it probably has more to do with Dulwich Park being an open public area with the facilities and space available to host a market and lordship lane being a busy crowed high street and thoroughfare.

Goose Green would be an option to bring people to LL but things like parking and access are probably much easier in Dulwich Park.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well it is. That's sort of the point of public

> money isn't it?

Not in my opinion when there are other priorities that rates should be paying for such as the improvement of local amenities and environment.