Run for your life......

Mick Mac

I often wonder if people who are compulsive runners / fitness fanatics are going to be sooooo... fit that they are going to live long beyond the point at which they continue to enjoy life.

I'm incredibly jealous of runners really, but I do think there may be a downside to this level of fitness.

There must be an optimum age to die.

Or they wear out their hearts and muscles earlier and die sooner?

One thing I have noticed though is the majority of joggers look pretty miserable. More grim, focused and trudging than if they are enjoying themselves. Then again I expect when I was training for a half marathon, I didn't look best pleased either.

The lithe runners on the other do seem to bounce along more happily. But not sure how many joggers make it to runners

They'll be crippled with arthritis by the time they get old and will be in serious pain for the rest of their lives. Which reminds me there was a guy, whose name slips my mind for the moment; who wrote a book about jogging, who died suddenly when.... out jogging. Serves the bugger right.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When your times up, your times up, no matter how

> fit you are............imo

yep agree and it's all about balance ,also, eat, drink, be merry and look after your family and friends.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They'll be crippled with arthritis by the time

> they get old and will be in serious pain for the

> rest of their lives. Which reminds me there was a

> guy, whose name slips my mind for the moment; who

> wrote a book about jogging, who died suddenly

> when.... out jogging. Serves the bugger right.

that was James Fixx who had smoked for years before he starting running. He died following a heart attack at the age of 52 with severly blocked arteries but having outlived the age his father died at by ten years - a fate that might have killed him sooner were it not for running!