Hear me, East Dulwich

Axeman

Now, after reading some of the comments following my own on Georgia's drinks thread, it's become rather apparent that I was perhaps unnecessarily rude, or, indeed cruel, in some of my overly robust observations.

So, as a consequence I'm happy to take a step back on this occasion and offer my apologies if I've made any lips wobble. I was merely surprised that members of this message board would be so pre-emptive in attending a social occasion attended by possibly dangerous or unsavoury strangers. And I sincerely hope you take that into account before you book the babysitter.

SeanMacGabhan,

Yesterdays childish temper-tantrum was completely uncalled for. You let yourself down, sir. I'm fully entitled to my opinion, as are you. And I hope you'll respect mine, as I will yours. That aside. Let me assure you that I'm not a previously banned user masquerading as another, as you implied. I was directed to this forum by a friend of mine who is a regular user, and has been for some years, so I'm told.

Now, the rest of you.

Some of you may think I'm brash and cutting. Well, that's tough. I simply don't have the energy or patience to indulge in the facade of goodwill that exists among these curious online communities. I find it false, and amongst all things I detest insincerity. So I suggest you all see me as your new Chief Whip because I like to put the stick about when I encounter impudence or insubordination. And for anyone who wants to tangle with me, beware. It won't take me long to meet your measure.

But that's not to say that I shall be intentionally hostile. No, just that I'll fight fire with fire if the occasion arises. As I'm sure you will too.

So, let's put yesterday behind us. And here's to a colourful future.

Now, you'll have to excuse me. For I have to return some video tapes.

So not really an apology at all then...just more criticism of people you know nothing about on a forum you've only just joined...it seems to intentionally wind people up on.

The only fire you've had to fight are the ones started by yourself I'm sorry to say. So it's a bit rich to then talk of 'impudence or insubordination'. Oh and you'd do well not to threaten people as well. There are many very intelligent people on this forum, not to mention many more with infinitely better manners than you.

I did apoligize, DJDramaQueen. But if it makes you feel any better, I'll repeat myself with more focus. Georgia and Ladymuck, I apologize for any undeserved hurt I caused you on the drinks thread. Please accept my humble apologies on this matter.

[quote=Cheery Sean

I stand by what I said yesterday ? you are a troublemaker and will serve no purpose on this forum other than to upset people before your inevitable banishment]

I pity your short-sightedness. All I've done is made myself clear. All you have done is continue a feeling of ill-will.

I simply don't have the energy or patience to indulge in the facade of goodwill that exists among these curious online communities. I find it false, and amongst all things I detest insincerity. So I suggest you all see me as your new Chief Whip because I like to put the stick about when I encounter impudence or insubordination. And for anyone who wants to tangle with me, beware. It won't take me long to meet your measure.

Seriously, why are you here? I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure no one wants you as their whip. Which begs what are you getting out of it? If you don't like it there are plenty of other places to be.

For where you see insincerity i see honesty. A good number on here know each other personally, there are likes and dislikes as in any community, but we mostly manage civility, something you have been sorely lacking Mike, errr I mean axeman, let's just say I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the moment.

Now, be a good fellow and try playing nice for a change.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, Narnia. I don't find the whole concept false, as I'm sure the positive outweighs the negative. It's just that on the forums I've used before, there seemed to be an atmosphere of agreeing with someone simply so that they didn't offend them or rock the boat.

That's all.

I simply don't have the energy or patience to indulge in the facade of goodwill that exists among these curious online communities. I find it false, and amongst all things I detest insincerity.

Let me point out that a LOT of people have met each other on this forum. A lot of people are also friends....because we are local to each other. There is nothing false or insincere about it. In fact many people who move into the area find the many events/ groups organised by local people a great and easy way to start to make friends locally.

So I suggest you all see me as your new Chief Whip

Comments like this just antagonise. No one will take this kind of comment seriously and why would you think anyone would think anything but tos**er when they read that? So either you set out to provoke of you are genuinely arrogant.

*crossed posts with you guys before saying the ame thing*

He's the guy that always used to spell offence with an s.

Axeman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> Very well, *Bob*. Just so as you don't feel

> left-out. I sincerely apologize for any offense

> that I didn't cause you.

Axeman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I did apoligize, DJDramaQueen. But if it makes you

> feel any better, I'll repeat myself with more

> focus. Georgia and Ladymuck, I apologize for any

> undeserved hurt I caused you on the drinks thread.

> Please accept my humble apologies on this matter.

Apology accepted Axeman and, whilst I meant every word in the posts directed at you, I shouldn't have sworn - so for that (though only that) I apologise.

Notwithstanding this, I was seriously indigant over your comments vis a vis Georgia (one of the nicest ladies around). Furthermore, your comments regarding Woofmarkthedog (another very pleasant character), to my mind, smashed through the boundaries of acceptability.

I hope your apologies to them are sincere.