Treacle Jnr

lizzeee

Treacle Jnr, a new full length film shot in and around East Dulwich by local director Jamie Thraves will be showing as part of the London Film Festival. It stars Aiden Gillen (The Wire), Tom Fisher and Riann Steele.

It's just earned a four star rave review in Time Out: http://www.timeout.com/film/reviews/89100/treacle-jr.html with comparisons to Rainman and The Fisher King.

ED folks will recognise many of the locations - from Goose Green, the Horniman Museum and Peckham Rye included.

Treacle Jnr. is a fantastic piece of work. Funny, tragic and quite unforgettable. See it, love it and tell a friend!

Tickets/screening details here: http://www.bfi.org.uk/lff/films/new_british_cinema/820

Time Out has given Treacle Jnr a fantastic four star review and made it a Critics Choice:

Treacle Jr (2010)

Time Out

October 20120

An electric performance by Aidan Gillen (The Wire) reteaming with director Jamie Thraves for the first time since 2000?s ?The Low Down? is the cornerstone of this blackly funny but ultimately heartrending essay on loneliness and dependence that mixes the tender treatment of dysfunction of 'Rain Man' with the bleak urban redemption of ?The Fisher King?. For reasons known only to himself, architect Tom (Tom Fisher) has abandoned his young family and taken to the streets of an anonymous south London where he forms a halting friendship with Gillen?s rambling half-witted na?f.

As their bond deepens ? thanks in part to a kitten named Treacle Jr ? the story gravitates toward a conclusion that?s as hard won as it is inescapable. Funny, touching and gritty, this coolly rendered observation on need and rejection really is a Brit drama to shout about. Showing in London later this month:

Full review here: http://www.timeout.com/film/reviews/89100/treacle-jr.html

• 3 weeks later...

ianr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >It stars Aiden Gillen (The Wire), Tom Fisher and

> Riann Steele.

>

> Never mind them. Who played the eponymous

> Treacle? Was it a local cat?

xxxxxxxx

Yeh and did it get paid?

• 8 months later...

plenty of reviews out - almost all 3 or 4 stars

Peter Bradshaw's review in the Guardian today was 3 stars but read like 4 - but I think that's about right

I love the film, it's one of my favourite of the last few years and I will be going to the cinema (and can't wait) , but it's a teeeny tiny thing, made for pennies. 4 and 5 stars across the board would crush it!