A thanks to my Dad and Mum

dandares

to the person who deleted this just now, please leave it up for at least one day. or at least tell me where you're moving it to in a PM, cheers.

I'm really sorry to put this here, but i know my parents look on this forum a lot and this slice of the forum most of all...

I wanted to take the time to thank my parents for all the love and care over the years. I grew up on lordship lane, running around my dad?s workshop and trying to not get into too much trouble (I didn't lose any fingers so I guess I managed pretty well) and I used to spend all my free time in the target arms (I wish I had spent a bit more of this time with my parents!)

but then life happens, secondary school gives way to university and university lead me to my wife..

Who unfortunately lives in another country, meaning I had to move away leaving the people who cared for me so much, for all those years, without any hint of condition.

While we talk often, and I do manage to visit on occasion, I wanted both my parents to know that I am forever grateful for everything they have done for me. I think about this every day and I miss them.

I know that most of you know my dad (I won?t mention names though), he's a great fellow and I?m proud to say I have taken after him in many ways, and I know I?ve taken my kind and gentle side from my mother, we may have had disagreements in the past but please realise that I love you mum and that everything will be ok.

Once again I?m sorry to have put this here but I wanted to send an open note to my parents in a way that I know will reach them.

Hmmm... as nice as it is I think picking up the phone and telling them how much you love them would have been a lot better. I hope they know your EDF moniker.

Both of my parents are long gone now and of course I miss them. Once they're gone they're gone. Remember that.

Maybe there's a good reason for not calling them.

Like they don't have a phone.

Or he doesn't have a phone.

Or he's forgot their number.

Or his phone is set up to only receive incoming calls.

Or they're deaf.

Or they don't have any limbs so they can't pick up the receiver.

I do call, but not enough for my liking (we used to be very close) and i thought it would be nice to have something to say thank you (I'm not telling them that I'm on here, but i left enough clues in my post so that they know it's from a little tweety-pie who's living far away)

It's nicer that they stumble across it rather then me pointing it out :)

so you all understand, my job means I don't get much time off, and i don't have enough money to blow on 400 pound tickets :)

but when I do visit, they make me feel like I never left.. :) hence the reason I feel like my parents deserve a thanks.

and I bet my dad is cringing at all the spelling mistakes and grammer fo-par's i'm making (spelling gnatzi!)

waynetta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Maybe there's a good reason for not calling them.

>

> Like they don't have a phone.

> Or he doesn't have a phone.

> Or he's forgot their number.

> Or his phone is set up to only receive incoming

> calls.

> Or they're deaf

-_______________________

Or locked in a bunker..

and wearing an iron mask , chained to the wall and flogged with a "cat o nine" tales

Yes indeede....anything is possible

W**F

> Or they don't have any limbs so they can't pick up

> the receiver.

steve, I take your point.. I gave my parents a computer phone so we can talk while i'm at work and at home (not skype, an actual phone that connects to my Phone Based eXchange (P.B.X)) but you know what happens, work :)

but sometimes you want to say infront of the world a big thank you. the sacrifice that good parents go through for so many years should really be recognised a bit more then it is..

anyway, thanks everyone for looking :) nice to know that east dulwich is going strong :)