Royal Mail Again:(

Ridgley

Hi All

I know there was, a tread regarding Royal Mail but today this takes the biscuits I was expecting a parcel today my husbands was at home today to sign for it the post lady arrived did not even bother to ring the bell she posted a card to say that the item was too big, my husband saw her through the window she just walked away as he was calling out to her this has

Happen a few times now when he called me at work, I was so angry I wrote a letter of compliant below as this happen to anyone else?

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to make a complaint regarding an ?attempted? parcel delivery to my home address today.

At 11am this morning my husband was shocked to observe one of your postal workers walk to our front door and, without so much as an attempt to ascertain whether anybody was in residence by ringing the doorbell, put a card through the letterbox announcing that she had called, that no one was in, and that the package was too big to post.

I should point out that that my Husband took a day off work today to ensure somebody was at home to receive this delivery, and whilst taking this day off was an inconvenience, it was necessary to ensure we received this today and it was not returned to a postal depot.

I am frustrated, disappointed, and wholly annoyed by this, as it is not the first time that it has happened. In honesty, I suspect that your postal worker did not have the package to deliver on her person in the first instance, having been reliably informed by an ex postal worker that this sometimes happens when they have a lot of other parcels to deliver.

This is not expectable behaviour. I have spoken to the postal depot in the past regarding this matter but I feel I have been ignored and that no attempt to prevent a repeat of this unacceptable level of service has been made.

I would now ask that I receive a full and comprehensive explanation as to why this continues to happen, and most importantly, why this happened today when my Husband went out of his way to help ensure a successful delivery for your organisation.

I await your reply.

Yours faithfully,

RRJ

Have had very similar experiences, have been home waiting for the door bell to ring only to find later on they have posted a card through the slot without checking anyone is home. Another time the bell rang and the time it took me to walk down the hall and open the door they guy was about to put a card through the slot, although the did have the package on him and handed it over.

What a liberty, this is where our council tax is going!

Eh? - The Royal Mail/ Post Office have nothing to do with the local authority. I cannot see how your council tax is going to support the Royal Mail. There is, in rural areas, sometimes council support for local sub post-offices/ village shops (not owned by the Royal Mail, but operated on their behalf by independant traders), but not in London.

I complained to the sorting office about the postman not waiting to gain entry to our block, and then posting the letters back in the postbox outside, rather than take them back to the office. I was told this was standard practice, but worse, I had problems with my post for weeks after as I had made a complaint.

It came to a head when I was running for charity and needed my race number, which the company assured had been sent out, the post man left a card saying it wouldnt go through the letter box and so he had taken it back to the office. This was on a saturday, the race was the next day and he said i couldnt collect it till monday. The parcel which apparently would not go through the box, was 6ins x 8ins, a few mm thick and completely bendable.

I had to get a friend of mine who worked for Royal Mail to go in and speak to them and apologise on my behalf for the complaint, before my post returned to normal. They also retrieved the parcel for me so I could run the next day. I learnt a hard lesson with Royal Mail, in that they mess you up post wise if you dare to complain and leave your address. If i need to voice a concern again, I will do, albeit anonymously.

Happened it me several times when I've specifically waited in. It's so frustrating!! Our postman actually got a right mouthful when one time he knocked and literally chucked a parcel at my feet. I was so outraged. I'm always so polite with posties but sometimes they are so rude. I got in an argument with him over this so he started posting all my mail to another address and they came and dropped it round saying the postman delivered to the wrong address!! Some are so rude I've had packages thrown at me with toddler in arms. Could not believe it. Royal mail need to employ some more respectful and polite post persons. Our new one is lovely!!

This has happened to me several times and it is very frustrating. It appears to be normal practice if the postman/woman can't be bothered to carry the parcel.

Since 29th Sept I (and my neighbours) have not received any post whatsoever and prior to this our post was being delivered to incorrect houses in our street. I can only hope that I have recieved all of my post. I am a small parcel outstanding which was due to arrive 1st Oct. I have complained to Royal Mail using a link to their website - I figure the more of us that complain the better chance there is of getting some thing done about it.

There's very little point in complaining to Royal Mail about delivery problems. Delivery office managers are useless. There is a 'command and ignore' culture. They tell the postmen and women what to do but never really enforce anything. As a customer, if you get a good postman you're in luck, if not, tough.

I find this absolutely shocking!! I've not had this experience albeit our post constantly gets delivered to the wrong address and I once would have missed out on travel docs if it wasn't for a neighbour 3 doors down..

When I moved from my last place to here I paid for a mail redirection which they failed to carry out and they wouldn't refund me nor as of the point I pointed it out and said it was in the terms and conditions that they didn't have to carry the service out or give me a refund - when pressed for the ts and cs they said " we will post it out to you" and low and behold I never got a copy.. I personally think royal mail is a joke!

lorna63 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I complained to the sorting office about the

> postman not waiting to gain entry to our block,

> and then posting the letters back in the postbox

> outside, rather than take them back to the office.

> I was told this was standard practice, but worse,

> I had problems with my post for weeks after as I

> had made a complaint.

> It came to a head when I was running for charity

> and needed my race number, which the company

> assured had been sent out, the post man left a

> card saying it wouldnt go through the letter box

> and so he had taken it back to the office. This

> was on a saturday, the race was the next day and

> he said i couldnt collect it till monday. The

> parcel which apparently would not go through the

> box, was 6ins x 8ins, a few mm thick and