England vs France at the EDT (Lounged)

nutty

Anybody been to watch any of the other rugby games there? Going this Saturday and wondered how many big screens they are using? Will they have the big screens both sides of the bar? Don't mind it being rammed as long as I can see the game!

They have a very big screen in the room on the far right (if you are facing the bar from the door) and another TV just to the right of the bar. I don?t think they had a screen on the other side of the bar last Saturday.

It was absolutely rammed on Saturday as it is the only place on that lower end of LL that shows the rugby. I watched the first half there and went to the CPT for the second which was much more congenial.

No they have a new screen to the left. The old one was above the door (Roundabout end), there is now a pretty big screen literally above the bar. I noticed it the other week when Man U were on the Big crap screen, and Arsenal were on the other side.

Have been surprised how "quiet" the CPT has been for the rugby. It wasn't dead last match, it actually had a nice number of people, but in the past I have known it to be absolutely crammed for England rugby matches!

I tried to get into the EDT for the rugby but gave up and went to the CPT instead. Stood for the first half tbut then actually got a seat at the bar for the second half so I'm definitely going there again.

Strange how Brendan and Keef were there to...we'll have to put little signs round our necks to identify ourselves!

The CPT had a good atmosphere and the Aussie bar staff took the stick we gave them in good spirits.

Er, I was at the bar the second half at the door end with a Tall Australian girl friend. You weren't the bloke next to me were you that I saw outside having a smoke? Please tell me you wern't the pink topped rugger bugger with the blonde locks?????

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Er, I was at the bar the second half at the door

> end with a Tall Australian girl friend. You

> weren't the bloke next to me were you that I saw

> outside having a smoke? Please tell me you wern't

> the pink topped rugger bugger with the blonde

> locks?????

Errrr.....can I plead the fifth so as not to incriminate myself? And any awful behaviour may have been down to vast quantities of alcohol consumed rather than my general personality.

Do you not like pink on a man?;-)

Hello Guys,

Just to let you all know, we shall be Proudly screening England V France with sound on all 3 Screens on Saturday Night. I am sorry about the temporary reduced picture quality (particulary with text) we had on the big screen to the right of the door and the plasma. We have sorted out the plasma screen to crystal clear and we have narrowed it down to a small connector problem with one of the big screens which I am on top of.

We will be back on top form for this fabulous weekend of England Triumphs with a few silly French songs thrown in when we crush the caveman.

It's going to be big fun.

Best Regards

Good call on the CPT, plenty of space to watch the game and a pretty good atmosphere.

However on the downside, there seemed to be a shortage of beer? All off other than Strongbow, Speckled Hen or one lager (not sure which). Poor planning surely for what was always going to be a busy night. Also, not be then for a while and it looks even more run down inside now, I s'pse some people might call that "charm".

Headed to the EDT later for post match celebrating - what a top game/night!

Cracking game indeed and I thought the EDT screens were top notch - definitely sorted from the recent blur-o-vision. Good to actually meet AlMurray as well

But some people! Turning up 5 minutes before kick off and actually thinking they might get a table????

Never mind they can always stand straight in front of people who actually bothered to get there at a decent time, block their view and then get indignant when it's pointed out to them. Tossers

Yep, Mr & Mr Broad Shoulders Rugger Tw@ts standing at the front may well be the least popular people in East Dulwich at the moment, for any one who was at the EDT methinks.

And yes, hats off to AlMurray for having turned around sports watching at the EDT in recent days. Not to mention the Hot Dog stand!!

I went over to The George in Balham (same owner as CPT), and my God it was busy, and I don't mean a bit full, I mean mental! It's a massive place, and there was nowhere to move. My friend was queing for the bar when I got in my cab from ED, and when I got there she'd made no pgress at all. Nothing the staff could do, it was just insane. Eventually we managed to get a couple of pints and fight our way outside (losing half a pint on the way). Absolute result though was that the outside area has a big screen on the wall, so I could smoke and watch the game, and most people inside hadn't cottoned on to this! :)-D

Don't think I can handle the final there... No idea what I'll do for it actually, bloody England have royally f**ked up my plans for a stag do in London!