Duathalons

Atticus

Hi atticus

I have raced duathlons for 5 years-love em!.

My tips would be- Enter a low key local event 1st off,enjoy it and don't worry how slow/fast you finish. If you enjoy it then look to get fitter by maybe joining a tri/running or cycling club and training with them. Most clubs have a wide range of abilities so you will not feel threatened at all. As someone said above,crystal Palace tri are a good club and very friendly.I was a member for a couple of years. How is your fitness?,can you run and cycle ok?,if so how far?.

There is a good race over at Hillingdon cycle circuit on Nov 14th (i think) run by Hillingdon tri. Nice friendly event and all held on a traffic free circuit.i think the distances are- 1 mile run/10 mile bike/1 mile run. Most duathlons now go off road for the winter until early spring

PM me if you like

C

I'm a tri an duathlete - I've got the Serpentine Runner's Jekyll and Hyde Park Du at the end of the month. I would say, as long as you take it easy, get one entered ASAP. You won't regret it and it'll give you an idea of your level of fitness and show you that we are a friendly bunch who accept people with all abilities. There's a series of races up in Milton Keynes over the winter, run by Big Cow, on closed roads which are good to start with.

Here!