The name of the chose

louisiana

Dear Lazyweb,

So I'm looking for some of those magnetic cupboard closure thingies. You know, where you shut the cupboard and the magnet thing on the door attaches to the magnet thing on the frame, and it stays shut. I have three floor-ceiling cupboards and I can't be arsed to secure the bolts all the time.

So what are they called? I've hunted high and low on websites, but can't find 'the thing', probably because I'm not using the right words. Or I'm looking in the wrong place.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Rid yourself from ever having to buy cupboards

> again by moving to IKEA

Oh, I've never bought cupboards. These are 1930s floor-to-ceiling built in hall cupboards, with vast expanses of wood. That always seem to swing open when not attached...Drives me mad!

Catches would be available from dulwich diy on lordship lane.

Top tip if the catches have too strong a grip place a piece of sello tape over the striking plate and a second thickness if it is still too powerful for the gentle pull open rather than a hefty wrench.

If you put any liquid sealent into your heating system it is likely to block parts that are not at fault, and cost you a lot of money later, if you are going to open your system to put it in, then why not open it at the leaking place it might be just a washer or loose fitting, get it done now before the winter sets in or when a plumber is very busy.

There is a drain down point somewhere very low mostly outside the back door of a house, if you did drain the system it might relieve the pressure in the pipe at least it would remove the rust that otherwise will act as a blockage with the sealent added. Dont forget to turn off your heater first and bleed the radiators afterwards.

Thanks SteveT. Will pop down.

computedshorty, the problem is that the whereabouts of the very slow leak is unknown, but the very gradual drop in pressure suggests there might be one. Have had the floorboards up in various places, and various bits of plumbing done to replace sections, and no joy yet...