Carter Place Garden - Walworth Rd

JeremyL1

I apologise as I know that this is some way from East Dulwich but if you could support this campaign in Walworth we would be very grateful.

Carter Place Garden ? the only green space on the Walworth Rd is under threat of development.

The space in front of Carter Place Police Station on the Walworth Road has been a garden ever since the land was enclosed. It is unique in being the only green space along the Walworth Rd that has never been developed.

The garden won many prizes, was a source of local pride and was even visited by HM the Queen Mother.

When the local police moved from the site, the garden was bought by a developer and they have been trying to build on it ever since. Local people and Councillors have successfully fought this so far, but we are now coming to the showdown to try to avoid our garden being obliterated under a massive and completely inappropriate development of shops and flats.

We have an alternative. Help us to get the site protected so that it remains as a garden for the people of Walworth and Southwark to enjoy once again.

Here are some ways you can help.

1. Sign The Petition.

Please sign our petition at: http://www.gopetition.com/petition/40056.html

2. Fight the Planning Application.

Email an objection to the Council - all the details you need are here at:

http://www.carterplace.co.uk

(see Point 2 - Fight The Planning Application.)

3. Come and help us hand out leaflets and get names for our petition. If you have any time just drop me a line - we would be really grateful for your help.

Either email Jeremy Leach (Save Carter Place Garden Campaign) at [email protected]

or phone me on 020-7252-5331

Many thanks for your support.