parking patawayo

Mick Mac

First time I've seen it. It's not overly funny, but then I don't think that's really the point of the sketch.

I mean what are you saying Mick? That over-zealous parking enforcement officers should only be played by white people? Why?

I think this is the point of the sketch, beyond the comedy parking attendant nonsense. 'That over-zealous parking enforcement officers don't have to be white - and so what?'

I think it's a step forward, not a step back.

I think it's disgraceful because in place of humour (Paul Whitehouse used to be funny, even if Harry Enfield didn't), they've given in to rather pathetic middle-aged curmudgeonry: the traffic wardens are all out to get us and steal our hard-earned cash.

To be fair, the one you've posted there Mick, actually makes me quite admire Parking Patewayo and his chariots o'skills, but I've seen a couple of others that are so anti-parking warden it made me want to write a very stiff letter of rebuke to Harry and Paul.

I think it's offensive because not only is it not funny, but it's Harry and Paul written by Clarkson: traffic wardens disguised as bushes to catch the unaware..?

STOP PARKING WHERE YOU SHOULDN'T AND YOU WON'T GET A TICKET YOU UNFUNNY TEDIOUS FUCKS.

It's so offensive it makes me offensive.

Jah - please try to see that I am at least making an attempt at humour - every time I see your name now I expect to get a bollocking of some sort. If it looks odd at first sight it probably means something different from the obvious.

I don't know if she is 81 or not, but I think its very unlikely.