Free flights....Dusseldorf or Aberdeen?

MrBen

So...it's Christmas 2009 and you win free flights for two in raffle - hooray. Then you realise it's with quirky budget carrier FlyBe, and you have to depart from London. And use them by the end of the year. THEN....you look at the route map to ponder the delights on offer at one of the following (I'm struggling please help):

- Isle of Man

- Aberdeen

- Leeds

- Inverness (Beautiful motherland but in November/December????)

- Edinburgh (could be handy for going home at Chrimbo however.... all flights go via Belfast)

- Dusseldorf

- Nantes

- Jersey

People of East Dulwich...I would be grateful for your sage advice as always....

Ha ha!

That made me laugh really hard! :)) I do apologise. *wipes tear from eye*

I'm particularly impressed by the Edinburgh via Belfast option.

However... Dusseldorf. Definitely.

Apart from being the hometown of Kraftwerk (which is reason enough), I'm betting they do some great Christmas Fairs, and you can get fabulously pissed on quality beer.

I like Dusseldorf. The Altstadt is good - the Schlosser Alt bier is better and yes, there are Christmas markets. You can also hop on the fast train to Cologne (under an hour and cheap) and go to their better Christmas markets and see the Dom there. Actually, I'd fly to Dusseldorf and stay in Cologne... but try to drink the Alt bier over Kolsch

Hmm, I see what Huguenot means, or at least I think I do.

I should perhaps admit that I've been a huge fan of Gerald Durrell since I was a young child, so to visit his zoo was very exciting for me. Maybe less so for normal people.

Jersey does seem to be impossibly expensive to get to normally, so if it does look attractive in winter, it may be worth a shot. Though Christmas markets, with gluhwein mit schoss, also sound lots of fun.

Jersey.

Dusseldorf is choc full of arrogant, rude Germans with their excessive body hair (particularly in the underarm and bikini area), strange knee length leather trousers (with bibs) and pickled cabbage. They are a nation of heavy metal loving arses.

Nantes is full of Frenchies; Their love of striking and public protest make them incredibly unreliable, add that, the fact that their toilet facilities are an abomination (you will still find occasional hole in the floor conveniences) and their breath stinks of cigarettes - France is not for everyone.

Incidentally, I have just been given 2 nights in a fabulous hotel in Jersey and will be looking for flights to the said destination... Do you want to sell them to me sweetie? I don't normally fly commercially, it could be a blast!