Favourite tv programme.

Tarot

I think Pillars of the Earth is a little 'flabby' - the narrative is a bit ponderous but I'm loving the action and I think the casting of the characters is really good - apart from William who I thought would be a lot more rumbunctious. More of a rugger bugger. Still, a enjoying it quite alot but its not really holding me.

Isnt X factor for children and the simple?

Modern Family, Family Guy, bothtechnical examples of fine Americam comedy. Box set wise,it's imossible to top The Wire, though The Shield comes very close. Friend has just started work on what channel four are touting as Britain's answer to the Wire. Scheduled for transmission autumn next year. Called Top Boy. You heard it here first.

Gardeners World, Nina and the Nuerons (as Nina has that thang)....and I've somehow inexplicably got drawn into that utter cack Upstairs/downstairs wanabee on ITV on Sunday nights which is as bad and yet somehow as riveting as Howards Way. Fook your Wire.

BBC4 can usually be relied upon for a gently-paced film on post-war architecture in coastal towns, or the story of the escalator and its impact upon suburban sexual habits, or perhaps even, if we are being treated, a social history of the motorway junction.

These should usually feature some recently discovered archive footage of a minor 40s poet extemporising on the miracle of "the electric", still images of empty shopping precincts, and inerviews with two racy-looking sisters of a certain age about tea dances next to the J20 (northbound) on the M1.

• 4 weeks later...

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Really enjoying Pillars in my household. Good old

> Lovejoy is great. Have missed him since Deadwood

> finished before it's time.

After a flying start, this got more and more silly, and I could baely be arsed watching the last couple.

A woman giving birth quietly under a collapsed cathederal was one of the more realistic parts.