A Nice Steak and Chips?

milk76

I had a really rubbish steak at Boisdale's once.

Used to go there all the time, never went back again after that. Must have cost them quite literally thousands. I used to take clients there all the time, but I was stuck with this feeling that one of them might get the same result.

I usually recommend giving people a second chance, but with a steak I rarely do. Dunno why.

Several reason really

Just the chips alone, most people can't be doing with the faffage neede to make a great chip - only a restuarant (if inclined) has the volume of oil and fryers to nail it

Similarly with steak - in theory they can source a really good steak, and depending on the equipment to hand they can cook it in a way that only a home cook can dream of

You can do a really really good steak and chips at home - but it can't match the best in the restaurant world

Do not go to the Harvester at lordship lane!

I was waiting for a steak there and me and my lady friend was sitting near the kitchen and she could see the cooks working!

sitting down eating our salad chatting away when I saw my friend face turn a shade of green! asked what was wrong and she said she had seen one of the chefs pick his nose and wipe it on a plate!

we reported to the management and left! ruined our appitite!

@ Jah

did I? I can't recall but I wouldn't be surprised

But I don't think I've ever been one to say "why go to a restaurant when you can do it at home" - sometimes getting out of the house is exactly what's needed

But as I say you can do a very good steak and chips at home - it's just having been to a few good places recently, I wouldn't say you can always do better at home.

I wouldn't say I could do better at home Sean but it's not difficult is it.

Ahem! Captain Scarlet, who in their right mind would want to go to The Harvester? I still remember when it was a decent pub with a great restaurant out the back. A long time ago mind. Just wish it could be restored to something along similar lines.

My Dad's chip machine makes the best chips I have ever tasted.

So it can be done but we have no room for more kitchen machinery what with the bread machine and the coffee machine.

But we did once buy two generous cuts of sirloin from the butchers on Evelina Road Nunhead and came home and cooked them to perfection, eating them with so-so chips from the oven!

That was when we had money, like!