Apple MobileMe

cate

It changed a couple of years ago. .mac no longer exists but your username will still work with either domain at the end.

There were quite a few mails sent out by Apple during the transition

To add confusion, some MobileMe features are now free like Find My iPhone which used to only come as part if the paid service

There are cheaper ways of getting most of the functionality but sometimes the convenience/ease of use factor outweighs the cost factor.

Thanks for that. What was/is confusing me is that they seem to send out the renewal notice at different times now which led me to think I was paying twice. Used to be January, not it's November. I also noticed that Apple have 0844 numbers now if you want to call them. 0844 is the new 0870. Since landline phone providers started offering free 0870 and 0845 numbers crafty businesses have switched to 0844 numbers which cost a lot!

Virgin Atlantic is one such company.

Think they send it out 60 days ahead now. Plus when they were migrating stuff to MobileMe, they did mess up a few times and people ended up with free months so I think many expiry dates have shifted. Mine used to be Jan and is now June

One thing to know is that you can buy cheap boxes of MobileMe on eBay since people get discounts on it when they buy Mac hardware... You can buy it and use the code in the box to renew.

Yeah I looked on there for a Virgin number to no avail. The 0844 numbers are quite new......if you call them in the US it is free, as are most calls to any business.

I found an alternative no. for Apple but was told that you cannot speak to anyone on MobileMe - you have to message them. That is despite there being an 0844 number.