Snowing outside

silverfox

Howlin' Wolf woke up this morning and said "do I go into work and listen to people's stories about their 'nightmare' journeys into work and how they're going to have to leave at lunchtime so they can get home before midnight (probably - well I do live in Caterham - on a hill) or do I go back to sleep"?

He's still at home with visions of Country Sugar Mamas dancing in his head.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Howlin' Wolf woke up this morning and said "do I

> go into work and listen to people's stories about

> their 'nightmare' journeys into work and how

> they're going to have to leave at lunchtime so

> they can get home before midnight (probably - well

> I do live in Caterham - on a hill) or do I go back

> to sleep"?

If only this were a joke, my secretary has just asked if she can go at 2pm as she's worried about her journey home...to Orpington...

Funny how people complain about the Trains and the Buses when it snows.

People do not generally moan about the actual Weather.

People at work seem to look out of the window

and Gleefully announce that the Snow is getting worse.

Then when it's time to get home it's 'The Stupid ****ing Buses. One flake of Snow and it's

Chaos.. Don't happen in other countries.' .... Winge..... Moan ....Whine.

Other parts of the country have snow ploughs, more gritters and generally shorter commutes with less dependence on public transport. If you live within 2 miles of the office, it's generally easier to walk it than if you live more than 5 miles out like many Londoners.

In Scotland, most trains are still diesel powered so they're less affected by icy/snowy rails and have snow ploughs fitted on the front.

I LOVE the snow. I love how beautiful it makes London look and I LOVE how the capital city grinds to a halt to the sound of gnashing teeth as soon as there's more than a few flakes on the ground. It's just so English that we can look so beautiful and yet be so grumpy and yet also overdramatic.

Perfect example is a photo on the evening standard website, caption: "people in central London coping with the weather conditions" I can see three brollies and a woolly hat. Now that's coping for you.

Let it snow!

I love it too. I have snow boots, woolly hat/scarf and gloves rather than trying to ignore it and teetering around in heels/ballet pumps as many of mining colleagues are. You can't stop it, you can't change it so just make a snow angel and enjoy... At least til supermarkets run out of milk..