Gawd...messed up...again

Ladymuck

I've obviously pressed something on the keyboard, and I don't know what. The result is that I now have a green arrow light with underscore showing, a large box partially obscuring the screen containing what appears to be gibberish to me, and a box at the bottom of the screen displaying a white question mark in a blue circle. How do I get rid of this rubbish please? I've tried deleting but nothing happens and every time I click on the mouse I get a "ting"...it's getting on my...

Help please?:-$

It sounds like you may well have malware on your PC.

Probably you should get this looked at asap, as you don't know what it's up to. If it starts suggesting virus scanners and such like, don't take its advice.

I wouldn't email your document to someone else, as it may have the virus embedded within it - just email it to yourself if you need to.

Good idea Narnia but can't do - it's a private legal doc on behalf of a third party.

External drive karter?:-S Email to myself? It's 80+ pages long and it's in "star office":-S.

Can I just not press something to undo whatever it is I have done? Getting flustered now...

Huguenot now I'm scared...but thanks

Sean...it's a PC...do you mean cut and paste the page containing gibberish? If so...here is the content: sh1t. it won't cut and paste...just makes that irritating "tinging" noise every time I click the mouse.

I don't understand your other instructions - sorry:-$. I'm really crap at this computer stuff. And to cap it all, connection maddeningly slow and keeps on disconnecting...thanks BTW

*bangs head on wall and screams*

Oh this is SO embarrassing...have pressed the PrtScn button (shared with SysRq - whatever that is) and nothing happens. Have looked at step 2 - and I haven't a clue as to what is meant by "Open an image editing program, such as Microsoft Paint" - paint? may as well be in Swahili!

But what would CAUSE these irritations (i.e. the so-called "windows support" page and the green arrow with underscore to light up and for a white question mark in a blue circle to clog my screen?

No b_s, I don't realise anything...I really, really AM dumb with computers...but I am able to minimise the legal doc so the irritations are currently on the EDF...thanks btw x

Oh dear...

The irony is that hubby is an IT Design Consultant...but he isn't contactable today and isn't going to arrive home till very late...

*sigh*