Film buffs needed

wildlife+punk

l thought l would start a film thread for budding and expert film buffs/fans sorry if there is such a thread somewhere but l couldn't find one.

Sooo to start things off l just wondered if any film buffs out there could recognise 2 particular films lm trying to get the titles of, the first is a prison type film l think it starred a young Roger Daltrey it was quite a violent film and during a riot a group of the prisoners gathered together and started chanting #we dont care how late it is we're not going home, not going home etc cos we're having a wonderful time# ... the other film starred a young Mickey Rooney who due to something exploding ends up with a glowing nose. either of these ring any bells with anyone?

ive tried going through some of the film titles but cant seem to find one that might match which is a shame as the small part l saw of it was really funny. lm not allowed to watch films with any of my friends anymore as l have a naughty habit of spotting editing mistakes etc and even if l dont say anything l cant stay totally silent so they know when lve spotted something :-$ now they wont watch any movie with me.

Thanks cassidy and ms lilith l have just checked out the atomic kid it sounds sooo close it just might be it, lm trying to find the film for an elderly uncle tho they swore it was just his nose that glowed, but as it was a long time ago they saw it maybe they got that wrong or maybe it starts with his nose.

lm gonna make further investigations on this, the mcvicker film was something l was trying to tell someone about but couldn't remember the title, maybe l can help others who post here with film queries in return.

l think that has to be the film ms lilith asits so close to some of what my unc described other than he said the nose glowed, well maybe thats how it started so l think lm gonna stick with that thanks. l wonder if anyone else has a film stuck in their head that they cant think the name of or maybe other help, if not l guess the thread will sink down and disappear lol.

There was one I have been trying to remember the name of actually, it was a surreal french film.

The opening scene had a little boy waiting to see Santa and then slowly but surely loads of Santa's came down the chimney but were acting raucous smashing the place up, then it cut away from this and turned out to be the boys nightmare.

Then there were shots of a helper screaming and then another 6 identical looking helpers screaming and they were all slapped in the face to stop screaming by a midget. I know it had this song featured in the film as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P6h0btzA5I

I remembered the name of the film "The city of lost children"

Amazing cinematography and truly disturbing, from the directors of delicatessen Marc Caro, Jean-Pierre Jeunet.

Storyline: Krank (Daniel Emilfork), who cannot dream, kidnaps young children to steal their dreams. One (Ron Perlman), a former whale hunter who is as strong as a horse, sets forth to search for Denree, his little brother who was kidnapped by Krank's men. Helped by young Miette (Judith Vittet), he soon arrives in La Cite des Enfants Perdus (The City of Lost Children).

While I am mentioning the above, I should also mention a film that I would recommend watching Santa Sangre http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJjXq6oj7Tg Directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky a truly bizarre film with amazing imagery.

Storyline: A young man is confined in a mental hospital. Through a flashback we see that he was traumatized as a child, when he and his family were circus performers: he saw his father cut off the arms of his mother, a religious fanatic and leader of the heretical church of Santa Sangre ("Holy Blood"), and then commit suicide. Back in the present, he escapes and rejoins his surviving and armless mother. Against his will, he "becomes her arms" and the two undertake a grisly campaign of murder and revenge.

I thought 'Delicatessen' was a great film.

Another really good film released at around the same time is 'Europa Europa': A Jewish boy separated from his family in the early days of WWII poses as a German orphan and is taken into the heart of the Nazi world as a 'war hero' and eventually becomes a Hitler Youth. Although improbabilities and happenstance are cornerstones of the film, it is based upon a true story.

An amazing story, really worth seeking out.

The film I thought was good, was about a pianist who had to escape the germans.

From begining to end it was rivetting, and full of tension, it had the ability to transport you back to that point

in time. well acted,well filmed, hauntingly rememberable. Excellent.

Do you mean Roman Polanski's Oscar winning film the Pianist?

Plot Summary

A brilliant pianist, a Polish Jew, witnesses the restrictions Nazis place on Jews in the Polish capital, from restricted access to the building of the Warsaw ghetto. As his family is rounded up to be shipped off to the Nazi labor camps, he escapes deportation and eludes capture by living in the ruins of Warsaw.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0253474/maindetails

l didnt get to see that film ms lilith but l agree l do like a film with a decent story going through it and my favourites has to be shawshank redemption so cleverly put together, especially when it shows just how he did with the shoes etc, l wont say too much in case l spoil it for someone.

Ha yes, wildlife+punk that is also one of the films I like. I was just given a film to watch by a friend as she played one of the leads in it, The Raggedy Rawney and I was pleasantly surprised by it. I would definitely recommend watching this one, remarkable film.

"After deserting his army post in war-torn Europe, Tom goes on the run and meets up with a girl who disguises him as a woman. Later, he encounters a band of gypsies who think he is female but Jesse, the gypsy leaders's daughter, knows Tom's secret. The situation gets even more complex when she becomes pregnant....."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095951/

I'd appreciate help on this -

A film I stumbled upon late night years ago, possibly Italian, featuring a fellah in a phone box who gets trapped in there. After a while a truck comes along and loads the box on the back, with him still in it, and drives for miles into the mountains. Eventually he's dumped in a cave, in the mountains, still in the phone box. He looks around to see lots of other phone boxes each containing a trapped person...

Anyone?