Flight disruptions due to adverse weather conditions

Ladymuck

I'm feeling quite relieved at the moment that I didn't have enough holiday days to go up to Scotland early for Christmas. I have my fingers firmly crossed that the airports re-open for my Thursday flight... although am considering trying to pick up a turkey crown to stick in the freezer just in case...

Huguenot, you need to lower your voice...I fear such kindness will be detrimental to your scary reputation.

That's exceedingly generous of you. We'd have loved to have attended. However, given that our plane isn't scheduled to land till 14.55 on Christmas Day itself, we might be more than a little zombified and therefore unfit for company having only just stepped off the plane. But I am touched: thank you.

It's funny, I've just been investigating the importation of pork pies into Singapore...you might just get lucky - provided you continue to be nice, of course.

Kenya Airways have a spare plane in Paris that they are trying to get to Heathrow so they can put on an extra flight- more news after midday. Otherwise they have advised no availability before 29th. I'm due to fly back on 30th!!

I am currently on a trip round Argentina with a group of 6 - we were supposed to be a group of 17 but the remainder couldn?t get out of UK in time to join the tour. They must all be gutted. Any way I am having a lovely time! Please can the snow be gone by Jan 4th!

PS Ladymuck some people on my tour are friend with your neighbours!

Have you managed to fit in any football matches!? Guess you weren't here when Arsenal lost to Man. U:)).

Glad you are having a wonderful time. Here's hoping you get back without too much drama. Unfortunately, there is little chance of the snow being gone by the 4th of January. T says, more likely the 4th of July!

We're itching to know which of our lovely neighbours you speak...(PM with details please). Enjoy the rest of your holiday and come back safely. xx

PS: if you bump into Lionel Messi, give him a big kiss and try and persuade to come to Man U (or failing that, Arsenal - if he must;-)).

PPS: T sends big kiss x.