How many flu victims

Tarot

I don't think I have the actual flu (because I am out of bed) but I feel about as ill as I ever have before. Including sore throat, searing head pain, shivering although well wrapped up, and coughing up unspeakable phlegm. My 7 year old son is the same. I have been ill since 11th December, with a few days respite over last weekend.

I've been ill since last Wednesday. Started with a sore throat and headache, then very high temperature, vomiting, problems with breathing, coughing up untold gunk and could barely get up to get to the toilet. Stayed in bed for 4 days and have recovered from all but the horrible cough, snotty nose and sore throat in the past 2 days.

Dorothy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't think I have the actual flu (because I am

> out of bed) but I feel about as ill as I ever have

> before. Including sore throat, searing head pain,

> shivering although well wrapped up, and coughing

> up unspeakable phlegm. My 7 year old son is the

> same. I have been ill since 11th December, with a

> few days respite over last weekend.

Nurofen Cold and Flu is the only thing strong enough - had to take 3 of these at a time just to get to work and felt I was not really in this world - It was flu and I had to take one day off in the middle when I slept for almost 24 hours continually.

Lasted 6 days in total from sneezing and shivering to painful chest cough. Worst ever.

People who say that flu means you cannot get out of bed may be right .... but with the strongest Nuerofen you should be able to if you absolutley have to, which I did have to.

Ladymuck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Gosh, that sounds exactly like my strain of flu

> IVR - though I only stayed in bed for half days

> over 2 days. Felt proper shitty though. Now just

> snotty and coughing like a smoker with a 60 a day

> habit. NICE!

Yes it was the worse flu I've ever had and was pretty scary when I started getting breathing problems. It loosened up and that was when the gunk started coming up, but I had contemplated calling an ambulance at one point because I was really worried.

I had flu-like symtpoms for a few days, got really bad yesterday so I dosed myself up with all sorts but to no avail - had to take a day off work. I slept for nearly 19hrs and dragged myself out of bed once or twice to use the toilet but it took a lot out of me. I honestly can't remember being more ill. Still not convinced it was proper flu though as I am over the worst of it which seems to have only lasted a day or so. Now I just feel like I have a cold. Perhaps I had a man-cold...