bj

bj

Why bother ranting on here, other than to get it off your chest (if you forgive the flu-related pun.) Write a letter to the doctor and send a copy to the head of the surgery. Bleating on about it on the EDF will do noone any good. Get well soon.

Best wishes to you, but do write to the Primary Care Trust with a complaint and also to the Practice Secretary and then do a quick search on here to see just how many people have been complaining about that surgery.

Then, if you are in the catchment, come over to Nunhead Surgery on Nunhead Grove.

Sorry if I sound rude but if the Flu had started to pass and your temperature had reduced what did you expect him to do? Flu is a virus so no antibiotics are required and are not at all beneficial. Doctors often see 40+ patients a day, for 10 minute appointments. Many people who really really need a doctor often have to wait days for an appointment, there are also patients with major problems which can't be dealt with easily in 10 minutes. If I was him and it was obvious that I could be of no help and I knew that I had another 30 patients to get through then I would have said the same, paracetomol (if still fever/aches), fluids, rest. He's there to do a job, although I do feel he should be courteous. If you were getting worse then it'd be a different story.

Sorry if that sounds insensitive. I really hope you feel better soon.

Just to balance things up, I was in there this morning and the doctor I saw was charm's own self and in fact I left a little in love with her.

I'll not name her as to do so would be to bandy a woman's name and we Honaloochies have a code in such matters.

Small wonder my blood pressure was a little high.

Yes, DMC will give you a phone appointment so that you can speak to a doctor on the phone. I've used this in the past and it's very useful.

Or you could have phoned NHS direct.

It is really not fair to go to a GP's surgery if you think you might have something catching.

You might be feeling "shattered", but flu can be fatal for some people.

Seems like the GP was quite restrained under the circumstances.

What a loads of crap!!!

hope you really get better with your flu. No one who still haven't got it can still think that this person should have stayed with 40 temperature without seeing a GP.

Some GPs in this country have NO MANNERS if you compare with france, switzerland or Germany (travel alot there for my job)

They don't even touch you for examination and got quite often WRONG diagnostic in this country

People wake up !!! they maybe not all rude but rude GPs do exist and we all know that !!!

Stop being pathetic with the sarcasm and go out of UK to see the rest of the world and see how doctor behave with patients

You might be stun and marry him/her

DMC is just like other surgery, used to leave in ED,just normal friendly staff but WONDERFUL PLEASE !!!

I'm not sure I understand

You went to the doctor - he said you have a virus, fluids and rest needed which all seems appropriate - I don't understand the problem. He left the room with a "so-called sorry" but didn't say goodbye ... huh? Is that he wasn't sympathetic to your symptoms? I wonder how many non-specific viral cases he'd seen that day alone.

My 6 year old has had a 39 to 40 fever since boxing day, we went to DMC on New Year's Eve (given appointment 20 mins after calling) saw a doctor who gave the same advice and an advance prescription for antibiotics in case fever doesn't break by day 7 for antibiotics. I said thank you, I made 6 year old say Thank you and wished her a Happy New Year. She smiled in response. No complaints.