The use of indicators..........?

embo71

Have I become indictor obsessed? or have people stopped using them as a general rule? Or maybe the use of them has changed in the new highway code? Its been a few years since i passed my test and so just wondering if anyone can shed some light on on the matter for me.........?

I always thought a driver had to use their indictors to alert other road users to the dirction of their indended travel but it seems noone bothers anymore......

what have i missed?

Perplexed of Peckham.

No-one bothers anymore? That's not my experience. As a cyclist I don't think I would be here if that were the case. Sure, you get the odd fool who doesn't indicate (and I actually paid the cost of such behaviour when I got knocked off my bike as a direct result a few years ago), but then you also get the odd fool who ignores other areas of highway safety.

Embo, you clearly took the test too long ago and missed the now compulsory "psychic skills" part of the test. Did you not know that you are supposed to be able to tell where every single driver is intending to go, even if they don't actually know themsevles? ;-)