Is Jack Daniels the answer?

Annasfield

I woke up yesterday morning feeling absolutely rotten. I guess that you're all assuming that given it was a Friday the day before, this might explain the lousy feeling. Well, there's a flaw in those thoughts as I had a very early night and hardly any booze.

I woke up this morning, having had a very late night and having drunk copious amounts of JD and I feel like Mary blinkin' Poppins!

Anyone else experience this - or should I just register for AA now? :-S

Am I correct in assuming that the JD was mixed with Coke? The Coke helps to re-hydrate you and all the sugar helps too. I drank loads of JD and coke on Friday night and didn?t feel that bad yesterday.

Last night however I was at a party and halfway through the evening the hostess decided to start making liberal with ?cocktails? that consisted of chilli-vodka mixed with Cava. Today I feel like something that was scraped off the sole of a shoe.

I cannot even smell JD and coke without feeling sick as that is what I used to get very drunk and vomit with when I was a teenager. Anyway, I know what you mean in re. waking up all chirpy with a hangover, but tell us - how are you feeling now??

I'm like that with Apples and Cider. I once got totally embarrassingly sh1tfaced on Weston's Scrumpy at what used to be the Phoenix and Firkin, and ever since then I can barely eat an apple let alone drink cider.

JD & Coke is my fave drink though and I am determined never to get drunk on it for I would hate not to be able to drink it. Next year in USA one of the many places I am planning on visiting on the tour is the JD factory!! Yummm

Asset Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I cannot even smell JD and coke without feeling

> sick as that is what I used to get very drunk and

> vomit with when I was a teenager. Anyway, I know

> what you mean in re. waking up all chirpy with a

> hangover, but tell us - how are you feeling now??

Ultraconsultancy Wrote:

> Have you seen the famous photo of Faustian guitar

> hero Jimmy Page in his mystical embroidered silk

> suit having a large JD fresh from the bottle?

> Thats the only way to do it. Mixers are for the

> under-5's...

I used to do this too. I started drinking Jack Daniels at 16 because my hero Keith Richards drank it (straight from the bottle). It wasn't until my pancreas started screaming 13 years later that I started to put coke in it.

And, Anna I seem to recall we put plenty away at the Forum's wedding of the year and thanks for the taxi ride home.

Keef Wrote:

> I started drinking it because my guitar hero Slash

> drunk it straight from the bottle! :)-D

Ditto.

But I quickly learnt that I much preferred it with Coke or at least ice. That way I didn't have to struggle not to pull a face after each swig.

Keef Wrote:

> Actually, something he probably learnt from Keef

> Richards as Guns N' Roses supported the Stones on

> tour in their early days.

In the art of rock n' roll behaviour they all learnt from Keith Richards. All the rest that followed are just pretenders.

Hmmm....Jack Daniel's

Re: Is Jack Daniels the answer? new

Posted by: Michael Palaeologus Today, 08:33PM

But really: Only Smarties have the answer

==============================================

>:D< I was thinking that earlier. Only I'm not that keen on chocolate so I'll settle for JD, or VLS or lager.... Hmmmm (?)(!)

I accidentally drank a bottle of Gallo White Grenache (it was on special at Sainsbury's for ages - brilliant) on a week night a few weeks ago. Accidentally in that it was so cold and tasty that I didn't even realise I was getting pissed.

Anyway, I went to bed pretty worried about the consequences, but woke up feeling better than I usually do in the morning with no booze! What the hell was that about?!

I'll give the JD trick a try at some point.. but on a weekend in case it doesn't work for me.