Bose Wave Music System

jumpinjackflash

I have one. It's handy for me as I don't really have room for something bigger (nowhere unobtrusive to put speakers).

Sound quality is great to my entirely-untutored ears (but then I can't tell how rubbish the quality is in mp3 format) - but it can fill my flat pleasingly.

Only caveat is that some of the remote control buttons died (fairly crucially the on/off and volume buttons). To be fair it was after 3 years of use, but annoying as hell when the unit itself has no buttons. That said, the very nice man in the shop sorted me right out gratis, so I can't really complain.

I think RosieH nails it. For a small space, it's a good looking system and sounds good. It's unobtrusive and will give you some decent bang for your buck.

It's a little bit style over substance and you pay a small premium for that.

If it's going to be used in a big room and you have aural demands you might want something with more oomph.

Hmmmm.....For me, Tannoy speakers are the best. Women have a wider hearing bandwith than men (yes even you Rosie ;-) ) and pick up more mid frequency waves. Tannoy speakers are so good because they keep the mids crystal clear unlike many speakers that allows the lows to spill over the mids. If a track is badly recorded or mixed you'll hear it on a Tannoy speaker. You'll find Bose in most UK dubbing theatres, but in the USA you'll find Tannoy.

If you want something that's small, produces a lot of bass for the size, and you have a few hundred quid to spend, then these Bose things are just the ticket.

IMO the sound quality is very poor compared with proper hi-fi, but everyone has their own priorities I guess.

RosieH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Annette Curtain Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I've had one for years, I do love it BUT it can

> be

> > a bit bass heavy for talk radio.

>

> Even with the talk radio function activated?

Sadly, mines a (ahem) vint-aage model darling.

( don't tell me I've wasted ten years without knowing this function exists )

You know, from back in the day we could only shout at the wireless, er I mean radio.

:-SMs.Curtain

louisiana Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Has been described as an overpriced alarm clock. I

> wouldn't disagree. Bose spend a lot of their money

> on marketing (among people who are not too

> bothered about quality of sound/music) rather than

> on building quality products.

WRONG thread L.

There is a moaning thread on here already. ( Ooo and a Waitrose one too )

And a Hunting one , and a old house one, and er.

Where was I ?

Nette.:)

I don't think much of the Bose Wave system. It's ok, but if you want something that is small, but sounds exceptional, then you are much better off with this - www.meridian-audio.com/product-model/compact-systems/meridian-m80.aspx - Pricy though.