Help a primary school teacher build a school in Nepal

tarynlondon

Hi everyone! :))

My name is Taryn Hauritz and I am a primary school teacher who lives in East Dulwich. In the next five weeks I will be running a marathon and a half marathon for a charity which is very close to my heart - The CAIRN Trust. (I am NOT a runner!)

The CAIRN Trust (Child Aid In Rural Nepal) is a children's charity aimed at helping children in Nepal gain access to an education. Nepal is the poorest country in South Asia, with 8.37 million people living on less than US $1 a day. 56%

of the population are illiterate and many children have to walk up to four hours each way in order to attend primary school. Education is a proven way out of poverty and as the Nepalese Government does not have the resources to provide enough schools in rural areas, The CAIRN Trust has started to alleviate this problem. To date, The CAIRN Trust have built nine schools in rural villages in Nepal, giving over 1,300 of the poorest children the opportunity of an education.

My ambitious plan is to raise enough money for The CAIRN Trust to BUILD A SCHOOL in rural Nepal. This will take ?7,000. I intend on running until I reach my target. Think Forrest Gump!

On the 1st April, I will be privileged enough to be able to go to Nepal with The CAIRN Trust to see exactly how the fundraising has impacted on the children and communities in rural Nepal. (Entirely self-funded) What an opportunity!

I have already received some very generous donations from businesses in the local area and I am now looking for futher support.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

If you are able to offer a service or product that I would be able to auction, it would really help my cause. I am also planning a big auction evening in March and would value any support I can get. I?d be happy to come and talk to you about the charity anytime that is convenient, so please get in touch. I?d also be thrilled to receive personal donations!

You can track my progress or make a donation at:

www.virginmoneygiving.com/TarynHauritz

I will be approaching the papers and holding market stalls in the near future, so come and say hello. Raffle tickets are only ?1.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read about this amazing charity!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I've just completed my first half marathon on Sunday. So far so good. Less than 4 weeks before the full marathon.....eeek!

I have set up a Charity Auction Website called "Run For Schools". No one has made any bids yet. Please have a look and let me know if you'd like to be the first person to bid for one of my wonderful prizes!

www.runforschools.co.uk

Doh - just seen that its already elsewhere as well - sorry! Will also be back come payday!

H

hpsaucey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello - just bumping this up as a deserving cause.

> Wonder if it might do better in another section of

> the forum??? Must have taken quite a bit of time

> to get the auction items sorted out!

Yes...it has taken awhile. I've been running into school in the mornings, teaching during the day and then fundraising in the evening and weekends!

I'm at Hildreth St Market in Balham today, launching the auction site and selling raffle tickets. I'll be in Northcross Rd next weekend.

Thanks for your support. :)