marathon.

Tarot

Anyone from the forum running the marathon this year.

If so have they any information on how to prepare for a night in the park etc,what to eat last meal so to speak.

Heard a lot of spaghetti was good for energy,will there be venders there.

I have three friends in it but they are not clear on what to do,where to park a car for instance,

I,m not running just taking pictures,L.O.L.I.m not as keen as them.

I got the bus as near as I could to the park last time. I wouldn't take a car near it on the day.

Carbo loading is the way forward for the week before. Lots of pasta isn't a good idea. You can carbo load using energy drinks. There's loads of info on the net about how to do it and how much carbs you should be getting into you for the previous week.

I am running it this year!

I'm running a half marathon this weekend and a full marathon four weeks after that. I met with my nutritionist about what I should and shouldn't be eating with regards to a marathon and I won't be "Carb loading"...

I feel confident in my decision not to follow the majority of runners in this regard, after being inspired by two books - "Slow Burn" by Stu Mittleman and "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall. Having never run more than 10K before, I'll have to keep you posted. But so far my training has reached 15.7 miles and I haven't had any problems with energy.

p.s. I do run REALLY slow....but I enjoy it!

p.p.s. For more details, see www.virginmoneygiving.com/tarynhauritz I have a blog, twitter and facebook (all for charity)