What paperwork needs to be completed

IrishDancer

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I am getting married soon and provided all the paperwork (or so I thought)to my local church,Birt Certs,letters of freedom,Baptismal Certs,Confirmation Certs,we done the Marriage Course and have also applied for the Licence. We are getting Married in Ireland. I have just been informed by my priest that I have to fill out another form and get it signed by a Solicitor. Can anyone tell me what this is for? My priest wasnt very helpfull when asked!I have yet to pick up the form so I dont know exactly about the content. I have looked online and theres no mention of a solicitors letter etc. If anyone can shed some light on this i'd really appreciate it!

thanks

Wedding guides This website has loads of information on.

Presuming you are having a roman catholic wedding, you can just contact one of these listed to find out the information. (If you are not, their are other religious associations listed on the site)

For general advice about preparing for a Roman Catholic marriage, contact:

Marriage Care,

1 Blythe Mews,

Blythe Road,

London,

W14 0NW.

Tel: 020-7371 1341

For other help and information, contact:

The Catholic Enquiry Office,

The Chase Centre,

114 West Heath Road,

London,

NW3 7TX.

Tel: 020-8458 3316

Fax: 020-8905 5780

For advice when the partners are practising members of different churches, contact:

Association of Interchurch Families,

35-41 Lower Marsh,

London,

SE1 7RL.

Tel: 020-7620 4444

Fax: 020-7928 0010