Who done it, please - The Killing/Forbrydelsen

languagelounger

Please, is there someone who could PM me who did it? Only started watching this because sofa-bound with the flu and found out too late that it goes on for 20 hours. I'm too old to waste another 12 hours staring at the telly so would be ever so grateful for a PM with the d?nouement.

It would be a big relief too to see a post notifying when the detective finally changes her jumper. I was starting to find the jumper more worrying than the murder.

I'm a huge fan of all the crime thrillers that have come out of Scandinavia over the last decade. And I find myself strangely attracted to The Killing's Sofie Gr?b?l.

I've also met and had my my photo taken with Lena Endre at Ascot racecourse. She's the actress that played Kurt Wallander's chief prosecutor, Katarina, in series two of the Swedish version. She also played Erika Berger in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy.

P.s. I don't think the teacher they took hostage (again) in last night's installment of The killing is involved in the girl's murder.

That's all very well Scribe. But it doesn't answer the enquiry, does it?

Strange is the right word for your attraction to a woman who hasn't changed her jumper for 8 days. This jumper is now imbued with the scent of police station (not pleasant); canal water (nasty, doesn't wash out); decomposing human remains (stomach turning, does not wash out); morgue (nasty, lingers). On day 6 she gets on a plane planning to go straight to her chap's housewarming party on arrival still wearing of course, said jumper. What's more her mother, who is prone to making usual motherly type comments, and lives with her, has never mentioned the jumper. That's just not realistic.

I think we are supposed to have concluded by now that the teacher didn't do it.

Languagelounger, you're quite clearly exhibiting the first, telltale signs of a sartorial obsession. But you're quite right, detective Lund changes her cloths less frequently than Noddy. I haven't read the script, but I'm going to put her mother's silence down to the possibilty that she knitted said, canal sodden, morgue reeking jumper herself, so avoids raising the question of a change of clothes with her stubborn daughter.

Oh, and if you must know, I've checked, and it was the girl's uncle who kidnapped and murdered her.

That's very kind of you to let me know Scribe, though I was thinking that perhaps you should edit it out now to avoid spoiling for others..

I hadn't even noticed such a person as you mention in the first eight hours, so thinking you have to spend most of the 20 hours in telly land before the killer even comes in. Unless you are teasing. Which is not very kind to a flu afflicted person.

Your jumper theory quite sound. Possibly even the actress's real mother knitted it or her family has a knitwear business. There's got to be a motive, those kind of jumpers are really itchy apart from anything else.

Languagelounger, rest assured, I was only teasing. I have no idea who the culprit is. The man I'm assuming is the uncle - simply because he shares more intimacy with the bereaved than anyone else, so far - is the chap who takes the teacher hostage (again) with Theis, who he seems to share a personal history with. The combination of both examples of familiarity suggests that he may be Theis' brother.

Annette, what on God's green earth are you blathering on about?

Apparently there is no book so can't save 12 hrs by reading it on the bus.

DJK, I agree, it is much better than the usual rubbish, and has realistic haircuts, as well as The Jumper, although we're supposed to believe there's one decent and courageous politician who is actually the one his party elects to represent them, which is stretching it more than a little and spoils the overall effect.

If you are a very kind person perhaps you could post updates, including Jumper news, so I can pretend to be doing something more useful.

That's a viable theory, she could have six, or more, but turns out it's a 280 euro jumper.

She could've thought she was paying 28 euro, and internet shopped it by mistake while having to keep one eye on the shifty corner-cutting bloke detectives, and now has to wear it every day of her life to get 280 euros wear out of it?

stubborndetectivejumper

They also do a fantastic matching bobble hat, proceeds to the Unicef girls' education fund: ultimate bobble hat

So there are people knitting The Jumper. Is this just because they like The Jumper, or because they think it will instill them with the nake no totice spirit of Sarah Lund? Are they going to gather on a pan European Jumper wearing day and banish emoting, fakery and inappropriate clothing back to where it came from. And we all know where that was.

DJK, I may have spent a few minutes googling, but now I know where the Faroe Islands are, and I have learned the word "Faroese" from ianr, unless he just made it up. And I'm thinking in 12 hours you could probably learn to knit and produce The Jumper. What do you think?

You beat me to it, DJKQ!! But rumour has it that detective Lund's 'mesmerising' jumper is going to be making a cameo appearance in Stig Larsson's much anticipated, fourth installation of his millennium series, The Girl Who Had The Wool Pulled Over Her Eyes.

This is the only thing I am watching on the tv at the moment and I am almost beside myself that I have to wait another 2 weeks to find out who did it. Given the twists so far it obviously cant be Troels (is it me or is the way his name is said by his team just a little dirty). And why didnt the culprit clean up after themselves, that seems a bit of a serial killer school boy error.

On the jumper - has it been stitched up since the knifing incident - I think the hole has miraculously disappeared...