Should the Royal Family be put out of their misery ?

huncamunca

Seems that despots & long serving royal parasites are so last century judging by current events. Time to sort out the Royal once & for all ?

No crude executions though - just the stripping of all their stolen assets and then being cast out into the cold world of benefits and Local authority housing.

I personally would like to drown each one of them in a bucket of their own urine for the pain & suffering their ancestors have caused the world, but maybe I shouldnt blame the offspring for the sins of their fathers.

Present me with arguments why they should be retained.If your proposed response contains lines like " Tourism" and "only 18p a year from each of us to fund them", then you are excluded from entering.

Without the Royals as head of state we would have some political tosser as head of state.

"President Blair"? No thanks.

Our current position means that we have an entirely powerless Head of State, which is an entirely satisfactory situation.

Who else has a President? France, USA, Syria, Italy and a bunch of other basket case economies and bad sorts. Do we wish to join that club? No.

God Save the Queen and all who sail in her!!

The pain and suffering caused by the ancestors of the current monarchy is minimal when compared to the pain and suffering caused by political / religious zealots in the last 100 years alone.

The current system of a friendly figure head with no political power and a parliament that is, gradually, cleaning up its act seems infinitely preferable to most other arrangements across the world.

As to their alleged parasitic nature - they have their own inherited wealth and are thus no better / worse than many other wealthy Britons, the hypothetical 18p a day is the cost of the Civil List paid from the Exchequer in return for the Exchequer receiving the proceeds from the Crown Estate - a system that has been in place for (I think) over two centuries and which works massively in favour of the Exchequer and thus the country and its subjects (or citizens if you prefer).

Finally a desire to drown anyone in a bucket of their own urine is bizarre and suggests a need to go away, lie down and think of something peaceful - or to get back on the medication.

Of course they should be put out of their misery. The idea that we should curtsey to the Queen is repulsive. Really p!isses me off.

Yes and the whole lack of democracy aspect and all the other reasons that are usually cited. But it is this idea that we should bow to them that really irks.

I know I ought to be herding them to a staging-point at Beachy Head and then marching them - single file - over the edge.. but for some reason I'm quite fond of the inbred slack-jawed halfwits.

If nothing else, we should keep them for sheer comedy value - and to annoy The Scotch.

And 'keep' is the operative word. They are, after all, our bitches.

Edited 600000000000 times, by an idiot.