Marrakech

Cazz

I am not sure which room I should be in but I hope this is OK. I am going to Marrakech for a short break 3 days.

Looking in the guide books it appears you need to be there much longer but What would be your most highly

tipped places/retaurants to visit?

I spent 5 days in Marrakech as part of my honeymoon. It does get quite hectic so you'll probably find it's enough. The souks are great fun but there's often someone trying to send you the wrong way or take you somewhere for a fee. Cafe de France just off the main Djemaa el Fna is good to escape into for a quick drink whilst you watch the bustle from on high.

A trip to the Majorelle Gardens is a must. It is good for a bit of tranquility.

If you fancy a morning out of the city and fancy splashing out, I'd really recommend Marrakech By Air. I can't remember the guys name now, but we had a really fun time and he made us laugh a lot.

We also had one really good meal out but I forget where. If it comes back to me, I'll let you know. But for a quick cheap eat in the evenings, the food stalls in the main square are well regulated.

And be prepared that you will be approached as soon as you leave your hotel (but that's all part of the experience and I really do like the rug I ended up buying).

If buying, look through guides that will give an indication of prices before you go.

Thoroughly disappointed with the couple of restaurants we went to. I can't remember there names so no help there.

However, there were some dirty fish restaurants in the middle of the Djemaa el Fna (forgive the spelling)that are nice and allow you to soak in the atmosphere of the square.

Don't be scared by all the hassle you will get. Ignore them or if they have been part-way helpful give them a small coin.