What is East Dulwich Listening to?

capt_birdseye

Trying to ban myself from the forum for a few days as I clearly spend too much time with half an eye on it, but you make it so difficult.

My purchases in the last week or so (i'm very bored at work and there's a fopp around the corner):

(tu)Acrcade Fire

(tu)Herman D?ne (superb a must have)

(tu)Little Barrie

(tu)Tinariwan

(tu)Cold War Kids

(tu)The Fiery Furnaces

Findlay Brown

(td)Malcolm Middleton

Amy Winehouse irks me me I must say. She keeps swanning into my work local expecting the world to stop due to her presence.

Out the way shortarse I'm trying to get to the bar is all she receives :)

I can testify to the fact that huguenot is listens to Neil Young and Toto...err that's it.

Capt_Birdseye give The Killers' second album (Sam's Town) another go, it's a grower...... Also, while Snow Patrol's albums are rather bland, they are fantastic live!

Lately I've been listening to The Feeling, nice happy album which is all too rare in these the days of depressing shite written by rich people who think they have something important to say!!!!!!!! Chris Martin I'm looking at you.

Generally loud guitar based rock does it for me.. Fave band ever Guns N' Roses (Slash is a God).

Also guilty pleasures from the 80's such as China in your hand :-S

Saw Snow Patrol a few years ago at Brixton, supporting Grandaddy (they were ace). Just find them a bit dull I'm afraid. I've really tried with the new Killers and I do like a few of the songs, but it really peters out and the last 4 or 5 tracks are really lame.

Guilty pleasures for me are Red Hot Chili Peppers, I know it's not trendy to like them but I don't care! Last album could have done with some pruning though.

Really like The Killers at the moment.

Bit of an 80s girl though - agree with QZ about The Cure and The Stone Roses. Saw The Cure at the NEC in 1989 and they were fab especially after several cans of Special Vat cider (strictly a Pinot Grigio girl these days you'll be relieved to hear).Also like some cheesy 80s stuff but I'll say no more on that topic...

New Waterboys album

Plan B

Findlay Brown

The Pierces

Alela Diane

The Earlies

Maps

Cherry Ghost (new, very good...)

Trademark

You are all correct - Snow Patrol are awful, but this remix of Chasing Cars is fantastic...

I think I was at that NEC gig too Georgia! Was listening to Head On The Door last week.

Also:

Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs

Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Airplane Over The Sea

Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen

Nothing recent tickles my fancy, apart from the latest Killers album, my current guilty pleasure. My younger self would have sniffed disdainfully about lowest common denominator major label sheep music. Getting old does have some advantages I suppose.

(td) Snow Patrol are poor, especially live. The singer just cannot sing

(td) Razorlight are abysmal - rehashed Boomtown Rats!

(td) Babyshambles

(td)(tu) New stuff by Kaiser Chiefs and Killers are OK, but not up there with their previous records in my opinion.

(tu) Hot Club De Paris

(tu) Built To Spill

(tu) Death Cab For Cutie

Another 80s fan here. you cant beat the Cure.

Also love the Feeling. wot about his M&S ads? very nice

Nick Cave at Brixton last year was one of the best things I've ever seen or heard.

Except perhaps for S&G in Hyde park altho we kept ruining it for everyone else by singing along. Hard not to!

any band that is playing/should be playing at Rock Werchter in Belgium this year. great line-up, especially now that Interpol have been added to the bill. been flogging Turn on the Bright Lights mercilessly.

things that i'm playing on the decks or listening to on the trip in to out of work

new young pony club

bloc party

the rapture

yeah yeah yeahs

hot chip

lee daggers latest miami calling CD (he of bimbo jones fame or the guy who did the leo sayer remix last year)

mason vs exceeder

the klaxons

cut copy

smashing pumpkins (nostalgia since Billy party reformed the band)

the view

young knives

i vote for snow patrol extermination as well. and keane for that matter!