Help visiting Herne Hill restaurants

LadyTaTa

I've always thought Herne Hill around the park looks nice, and we've finally decided to go and visit it (seeing as it's just down the road and we've been here for 5 years!) Does anyone have a bar / restaurant they could potentially recommend?

Hi lady whatever. My god, what a secluded life you have lead. My reco0mmendations are thus: (1) go to peckham (you may look this awful place up on your satnav insta llled on your bentley). Once thgere ask a gentleman of different colour wherre to go, my suggestipon of this would be "Oi. bruv, oohs got the dope, man." once anmswered one could always decide decline to ones country home or choose to get laid by a vilain? Sadly this has never happened to me, Good luck in london, saddo .My main suggestion to

there is the newish pizza express which is nice if you have the disocunt voucher, or the reaturant next to the station -i htink it is called paultons- french, or the laid back/bohemain style au provencal next to the half moon pub - or lombok if you like thai. depends what time of day you go and who you are with. of course there is always olleys fish and chips!!

lindylou Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi lady whatever. My god, what a secluded life

> you have lead. My reco0mmendations are thus: (1)

> go to peckham (you may look this awful place up on

> your satnav insta llled on your bentley). Once

> thgere ask a gentleman of different colour wherre

> to go, my suggestipon of this would be "Oi. bruv,

> oohs got the dope, man." once anmswered one could

> always decide decline to ones country home or

Are you on crack ?

> choose to get laid by a vilain? Sadly this has

> never happened to me, Good luck in london, saddo

> .My main suggestion to

Can also recommend the Florence on Brockwell Park. Good food and nice atmosphere. Lombok too is good for Se Asian as is Mimosa a nice deli type shop with seating inside and out in the back. Apparently the pizza at the pub on Half Moon Lane is great though I havent yet tried it. Good luck on your travels!

Yeah Pizza in the Half Moon is very good. Much better than Pizza Express across the road. There is also Number 22 (Half Moon Lane) and The Florence is pretty good. Also Au Provencal and Poullens are enjoyable too in low key bohemian sort of way.

lindylou Wrote:

> Hi lady whatever. My god, what a secluded life

> you have lead. My reco0mmendations are thus: (1)

> go to peckham (you may look this awful place up on

> your satnav insta llled on your bentley). Once

> thgere ask a gentleman of different colour wherre

> to go, my suggestipon of this would be "Oi. bruv,

> oohs got the dope, man." once anmswered one could

> always decide decline to ones country home or

> choose to get laid by a vilain? Sadly this has

> never happened to me, Good luck in london, saddo

> .My main suggestion to

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.......what?

candj Wrote:

> Can also recommend the Florence on Brockwell Park.

> Good food and nice atmosphere.

We tried the Florence today and although the decor is lovely, everything we were served was heavily over salted and there was no apology when we complained.

The Prince Regent serves by some distance the pub best food in the area. On a par with the Palmerston, but cheaper, more relaxed and better atmosphere. The Florence is pleasant enough but standard pub food Like the bishop Rye Hotel etc.

taper Wrote:

> The Prince Regent serves by some distance the pub

> best food in the area. On a par with the

> Palmerston, but cheaper, more relaxed and better

> atmosphere. The Florence is pleasant enough but

> standard pub food Like the bishop Rye Hotel etc.

PR food OK but is not even close to Palmerston.... but still better than Florence fayre.

Lido Cafe does good food... go in an evening when it's a little warmer and you can sit by the pool and also avoid the pushchairs.

Lombok is OK for what it is.

Number 22 well worth a visit... a bit pricey but good tapas (try the deep fried morcilla .... damn good!)