help - buying Word for student ?

intexasatthe moment

Ok ,we have Open Office but son does coursework ,school computer converts into Word which he then can't edit back home .

Though no doubt I'm missing something here ,but not knowledgable enough to persue..

So was thinking would buy Word - looking on line but getting confused .

Can find this http://www.software4students.co.uk/Microsoft_Office_2010_Professional_Plus-details.aspx?gclid=CMmv0ZD3wacCFcod4QodJTglAg

but would that be ok ?

Amazon have some that say Product Key code

only - ?

We have a Dell laptop which seems to have Microsoft Office Word 2007 loaded ,but needs a Product Key .

We have only one machine and would ( according to DS ) need Excel for data handling and drawing graphs .

Any advice gratefully received ....

I bought A macBook just before my A2's and needed Microsoft Office in order to complete my coursework. My friend told me about software4students.co.uk and I managed to purchase a copy of MS Office 2008 for ?30 on a student license key. Before buying I checked the price in the Apple shop on regent street and it was near enough ?300 for the same product.

I DOOO DOO recommend you purchase a student version of MS office from software4students.co.uk.

The Student license key allows you to install/re-install the product up to a maximum of 3 times, or on 3 different computers (Like all Microsoft products) before having to purchase a new license key from Microsoft.

What seems to be going on with your Dell machine sounds like you may just have the trial version of MS Word. I advise you buy the newest version MS Office depending on your machines specification (MS Office comes with Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Entourage) on a student license; you may have to contact your son's school to acquire a verification code so software4students.co.uk know they're selling the product to a student. Other than that it is really straight forward and your son will be able to use the wonders MS office provide in order to complete his C/W.

Office Home & Student is cheap because it doesn't have Outlook (email software) included in the package.

You can download a trial version from the Microsoft website of Office 2010 home & student and then trawl the web to find the cheapest product-key only deal, Amazon are pretty good, they had the cheapest Office 2010 home & Business I could find recently.