New shop idea. Thoughts please...

smart

A lease has become available on a local shop through a friend who would like it to be used as a space which would involve the local community as well as serve them. My idea is for a small indoor market with space for about 6 stalls. The stalls could be hired out on a short-term basis (1-3 months) to local entrepreneurs wanting to launch a product/increase customer base/just make some money. Potential stall holders could therefore be selling anything from cakes and clothes to crafts and veg from allotments. Also, perhaps once a quarter, the space would become available for a period of about 2 weeks to local artists looking to exhibit their work.

In particular it would be good to get responses from locals who could envisage using such a space to sell stuff.

Many thanks

Good ideas.

I should think lots of people would be interested,

Portabello road is one of my haunts,because of the diversity of the goods sold,along with Greenwich market

I wouldnt think food stalls are a good idea ,there is enough food stalls in N.C.R,as wellas restaurants.

Too many cooking smells, spices etc could put a lot of people off.

Sounds like a good idea to me. The ED Warehouse just isn't very good and seems to have moved away from the sort of idea you describe. Whether that's because of lack of decent product or lack of customers I don't know but a good mixture of food and crafts/gifts of the non-tacky variety would be welcome.