Unhappy with a haircut

jamesm

So I got a haircut this morning. I hadn't booked an appointment and needed something in a rush so ended up with a lower level stylist than normal.

I've got short, but really thick hair, and the main reason for wanting it cut was to deal with the thickness. My hair is now shorter, but still really thick and I can't do anything with it.

Should I call up tomorrow and see if I can go in and have someone fix it, or should I put up with it for a week or two and go get it cut again?

You could call them and go back. They should not charge you much as it is the next day and if you're lucky they may not charge you at all. I would not go back anywhere ive had a bad experience so would wear a hat and call them c___s out loud but to myself until it was corrected somewhere else.

I had a similar but lesser experience the other week. I asked for a fringe on my eyebrows and I've measure it and it's 11mm above them and I look ridiculous as it's also slightly wonky. The hairdresser at the time said "is that short enough?" to which idiot me said err no (while thinking what an f'ing b***h trying to get away with it) and then I gave her a sodding tip! I wish I had a back bone.

For you though if you think there's a way of thinning it out a bit I would go back and explain. Good luck.

jamesm Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So I got a haircut this morning. I hadn't booked

> an appointment and needed something in a rush so

> ended up with a lower level stylist than normal.

Oh dear James poor you.

Go back & get them to thin it out, it's not unusual.

Now off with you, I mean some men don't have any hair.

Count y'self lucky.

N:-S

Go back, complain and ask for the manager or a senior stylist (not the original one) to put it right. If they refuse, ask for your money back.

I've often made the same mistake myself. As a rule, if they're available for a walk-in appointment, it's not a good sign.

I am sorry this has happen, it reminds me when my brother was young in the 80s he went to a new barbers because is usual barber was on holiday he said to him cut a bit off and leave the sides and that is what he did so my brother had a short afro with giant bell size side burns he was not happy.

Surely for a man, the primary requirement is that your hair is shorter than when you went in. The secondary requirement is than it costs under a tenner. Perhaps a scoop of unbranded "product" for the more cosmetically-minded customers.

Not sure what else you want, really.

Barry Road Barbers, Sean and Ossie will sort you out.

You should have gone there in the first place. ?10 all in, and footie chat to boot. Not to mention Sean's 37inch TV thats too big for his front room.:)

Never go to a "stylist" unless you is a gal James....

Is you a gal ?

Posted by: sophiesofa March 15, 10:54PM

I had a similar but lesser experience the other week. I asked for a fringe on my eyebrows

I'd hardly call that a lesser experience sophie! There would be a lot of needless accidents if we all let our eyebrows grow wildly. I just wouldn't be able to see properly if I didn't have mine cut.