Where would you live

daizie

Why doesn't anyone live where they would 'ideally' location wise? I just don't get it? Both of you last two's examples are liveable in tomorrow. So...there not really your ideal are they?....life's too short. Go if you mean it.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why doesn't anyone live where they would 'ideally'

> location wise? I just don't get it? Both of you

> last two's examples are liveable in tomorrow.

> So...there not really your ideal are

> they?....life's too short. Go if you mean it.

Not quite as simple as that though is it? If money were no object I wouldn't have to think about how long my commute to work was because I wouldn't be working. Or consider how affordable property was in the dream area. But it has to be said, as compromises go, this is a pretty decent one.

I've lived in Dulwich pretty much all my life and wouldn't really want to move out of the area so a nice big house in the village would do me but if I did move out and money was no object I'd quite fancy number 3 Cheyne Walk (Keith Richards old house) on the Chelsea embankment and and weekend pile on the Kent/Sussex borders near the sea.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> arrr you see that is probably unobtainable but

> when people say "Austrlia" I do think why the hell

> they aren't there?!

xxxxxx

If there's still a points system, maybe because they don't have enough points.

I once looked into moving there but didn't meet the criteria because I was a) too old b) didn't have a zillion pounds savings and c) didn't have scarce skills. I think the only thing I got points for was my educational level :-$

It's the most favourite of bizarre questions. Where would you want to live - if virtually all the key factors that determine where you want to live - don't apply.

Let's see..

In a house made of candy on top of Ben Nevis?

Atlantis?

And I almost forgot.. Australia (of course)

Not England.

Definitely not England.

In fact nowhere on this piss drenched archipelago comes close to somewhere I would actually want to live if work, money and my family weren?t the motivating factors. Apart from London maybe for what it offers as a city but I?m over that now.

My own island in the Cyclades I think. With a surfable break and an island of ill repute close by so that I don?t get bored.