Anyone been on a good hen weekend recently??

paps

Hi,

As chief Bridesmaid next year I have the task of organising the hen do :))

Anyone got any recommendations from recent expierences?

Will be for around 15 of us, aged between 30 and 38, happy to stay in uk or short flight away, for 2 to 3 days.

Thanks

The Hen party I organised for my best mate a couple of years ago went down a storm (or so they tell me!) No one really had a lot of money so we went to a free cuban festival in Southwark Park. I organised lots of dares for everyone to do - e.g get a piggy back off a stranger, kiss a man in a mustache etc and if they did it they got a prize of the dressing up variety. We got loads of attention from everyone at the festival with our dares and fancy dress get up, it was a right laugh! Afterwards we headed over to Cubana in Waterloo where they had reserved an area for us. For a minimal cost we all got a jug of cocktail each and a huge buffet. In the end we roped in some gay dance students to teach us some salsa moves. At the end of the night we got the most amazing cab ride home courtesy of http://www.discocars.com/ I would highly recommend for the most amusing trip home you have ever had. I don't want to give too much away but trust me I don't think I have cried with laughter as much as this ever.

I think my general advice would be it's not how much money you spend but who you are with and what you get up to that counts. Perhaps it's just because I like getting drunk, dressing up and acting like a twat. After all isn't that what hen parties are all about?

Anyway hope your hen party goes well!

Off topic but I hate stag dos with a passion and I have two this summer.

It's like NYE but you're also stuck with a whole load of fun pals you hardly know.

My advice keep it simple, a big nigh in a battle cruiser. Forget the paintballing, forget the ironic bingo, just go out and get hammered and end up somewhere shite. Perfect.

I went to a hen day and we did a mini spa and afternoon tea in the Charlotte Street Hotel. It was lovely and very civilised. The CSH is particularly nice as it a bit more modern than say the Ritz. Doing a day also means that it suits all budgets and circumstances - a few of the women had children. If you wanted to do longer then you can do over night stays at spas. The hen dos I have been invited on which involve the hen regalia I have avoided because a) its all a bit grim and b) I am a miserable old trout.

A group of 14 of us went to Manchester a couple of years ago for a hen weekend. There were people travelling from Scotland, London and the West Country so we arranged trains to meet up together well in advance, got a hotel booked and asked them to put us all on the same corridor. We didn't go for the L plates and veils routine since it really wasn't the bride's thing but we did all have to have a boa which was kinda fun when it came to dancing later.

We'd arranged a few bars and went out for a lovely meal and then did some girlie shopping the following day along with a trip to Lucky Voice before heading our respective ways. It wasn't horrendously pricey to get to or stay there so meant we could spend a little more on good food and wine.

One big thing can be how many of the guests have kids as to how far you can realistically travel and for how long.

Maybe worth moving this thread to the family room? I'm looking for some inspiration for a hen night in December. I was thinking a Burlesque lesson but have done a disco dance lesson on a hen night before and we were all abysmal. Think you definitely need to combine the dancing with the drinking.